How long is unemployement now?

runwad

Dis Veteran
I know it varies by state and in my state it's 6 months and at one time you then would get it from the Fed. Is that still going on? Fed money? Some people collected for 99 weeks in the not so distant past. Anyone know? thanks

I know there are still federal extensions to the 52 week mark not sure about the 99 months.

I'm a couple weeks from the end of my state 26 weeks. I assume I'll be moving over to the fed program (yes, it's still there) but its phased. Heres the info from the nc website

Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC08) Q & A's
Individuals must exhaust regular UI benefits no later than the week ending December 24, 2011 and qualify for EUC08 Tier 1 effective December 25, 2011. Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending December 31, 2011 to qualify for the next higher tier.
THIS EXTENDS THE END DATE TO FILE FOR EUC. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL EUC BENEFITS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EXHAUSTED.

What is EUC08?
EUC08, or Emergency Unemployment Compensation 2008, is an extension of unemployment benefits authorized under Federal law.
Who is eligible for this extension?
Claimants who filed an initial claim effective on or after May 7, 2006 are potentially eligible for EUC08. Individuals who are monetarily ineligible when a new benefit year is filed may qualify for EUC08 on the basis of a previous claim.
I am having difficulty reaching the ESC Call Center, what should I do?
If you are having difficulty reaching our call center, please contact your nearest ESC Local Office.
What is the first payable week for EUC08?
The week ending Saturday, July 12, 2008 is the first week for which EUC08 benefits can be paid.
What is the last payable week for EUC08?
The week ending Saturday, June 9, 2012 is the last week for which EUC08 benefits can be paid.
After I have filed my claim, what is the next step?
When your claim has been processed, you will receive a monetary determination letter in the mail informing you if you are eligible or not. Once you receive your monetary determination, you may file your weekly certifications online any day of the week.
How much money will I receive?
Four Tiers have been authorized in the EUC08 program: Tier 1 has a 20-week maximum; Tier 2, 14 weeks; Tier 3, 13 weeks; and Tier 4, 6 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter