1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

How long is too long?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ammama, May 4, 2014.

1. ammama

ammama Earning My Ears

I know a lot of you will say there is no Disney vacation that is too long ;), but how long before you are ready to go home and get back to your own comfy bed? We have a 10-day vacation planned (8/29-9/8), and I'm wondering if it's too long :cool1:... it probably won't be though :rotfl:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Our last 3 trips have been for 10 nights and none of us wanted to go home the last day. If we could afford it, we'd stay longer.

4. DisneyFansInNYC

DisneyFansInNYC DIS Veteran

10 days is not too long for us. That is the most we have done and none of us wanted to go home either. We wish we could do longer too.

Enjoy the time!

5. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

We have done trips ranging from 9-15 nights. We have determined that 12 nights is the perfect length for us...lol

6. Caseheidi

Caseheidi DIS Veteran

We are currently on day 4 of 18 days. Only 10 of those are in the parks. This is our longest trip to date, but we have done 15 before, and we were ready to go home by the end of it. While we love being here, we just really start to miss aspects of our lives... Like my bed, my pillow, my shower (you get the idea!)

7. CaryHaven

CaryHaven Mouseketeer

I'm usually ready after 10 days.

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I go twice a year, January usually 7-10 days, too short :rolleyes: August has crept up from 10-12 days to 14, and I could stay longer. I like having a relaxed vacay, I'm not a park commando, go to parks in the morning, take afternoon break, maybe go back to a park after dinner if we feel like it, have water park days. Etc. The nicest thing about a longer stay, is you can take time to relax, and you're not exhausted by the end.

9. akayek31

akayek31 DIS Veteran

We stayed for 14 days in February. I never want to leave :rotfl2:

10. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

We started with 6 days and it was clearly too short. We moved up to 9 days and they flew by. We have then done 11 days for the last couple of years and still felt it went by too fast. We always get only 4 day tickets and enjoy the resort and other aspects of Disney. Well this year we have bumped it up to 14 days and 7 day park tickets (so we spend less hours at the parks and go shorter periods). We'll see how it goes.

11. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We do 10 nights and it's wonderful! We are able to go at our own pace and not worry about rushing around to see everything. :goodvibes

12. DisneyGal24

DisneyGal24 Always dreaming of Disney!

We've done trips anywhere from 5 nights to 12 nights. After 12 nights I am ready for my own bed! Anything less than that and I don't want to leave.

13. Disneymomma0783

Disneymomma0783 Mouseketeer

We started with 5, went to a week and our last trip was 16, 10 of which were in the park! (Did US & Lego Land as well). Now when I try and make an itinerary, I can't imagine going for less than 14. Our next trip will be 16, 10 in park and then resort, DTD days, etc :)

14. MsDiz

MsDiz Earning My Ears

Depending on where you are coming from, the climate difference may be a contributing factor. I love the sun and humidity but my DH overheats easily.

15. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

We often do 2 weeks. We get 10 day myw with water park and more add on. We usually stay at a house so we can have our space. We only do parks parts of days so it removes a lot of the stress to get it all in. Also more is cheaper. The cost to get there is the same and the ticket prices barely goes up.

16. Ravenne

Ravenne queen is never late Everyone else is simply early

7 days is pretty much our limit. 5-6 is just about perfect for us. After a while, we miss our bed, the comforts of home, and our feet not hurting. I always see people talking about long trips they take and how nice it is to be at the World for 12+ days and in a way, I envy them....I envy their ability to be away from the comforts of home so long and not miss it.

17. polineedyan

polineedyan DIS Veteran

Wow, i feel like a downer..after 5 days, we are at eachothers' throats.

18. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

We did 9 our first trip and it was too long. We did 7 nights this past trip and it was juuuuust right.

DH and I love long vacations, but Disney wasn't what we're used to. We'll stick to 7 nights from now on. And save the long ones for other destinations.

19. jeffbear

jeffbear DIS Veteran

Unless I'm on another continent, the most my family is willing to commit to is 7 days and that does seem like a sufficient amount of time to be in close quarters with the whole bunch.

20. pad406

pad406 DIS Veteran

We've only done 2 trips, first was 15 nights, 2nd 18 nights. next trip is 21 nights but split between WDW and Universal, probably 15/6 or something like that. Never really miss home to be honest, too busy having fun ;) But because we go for a long time, we can take it much easier and don't rush around. When your airfare is as much as some peoples entire vacation (albeit a shorter vacation) it's more economical to stay longer :rotfl2:

21. 6loversofdisney

6loversofdisney Mouseketeer

We did a 17 day trip once and it was blissful. We never once missed home (except our pup). We had just such an amazing time. We had ten days in the parks, days at the water parks, and then down days. People can't believe we were there for that long but it was just perfect for us :) Would feel sad if I ever did a seven day (especially with first and last day as travel days)..