How long is the walk from BWV to Epcot/Hollywood Studios?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
Just curious. We're staying at BWV for the first time in a couple of weeks. How long are the walks to Epcot and Disney Studios? We have walked from BCV several times. Are they comparable? Thanks.

I few minutes more to Epcot from BWV than BC. I would say the walk to Hollywood Studios is about 15 minutes. It was faster than waiting for the ferry. You actually hop on the path by the villas side of the BW.

Epcot is maybe 10 minutes away, Studios maybe 15, depending on where your room is within the BW complex. It is so convenient, you will love it! :love:

Sounds about right! 10 mins to Epcot's World Showcase/International entrance and 15 mins to MGM. Both walks are faster than the boats for sure!

I agree 15 mins to DHS is just about right. It really does depend on your age and if you have little kids with you. DW & I walk to the Studios to do the park but usually take the relaxing boat ride back BWV.

From BWV to Epcot is 0.36 mile Posted May, 2001

Fast Walk: 3.0 mph = 7:12 (7 minutes, 12 seconds)
Medium Walk: 2.5 mph = 8:38
Slow Walk (kids): 2.0 mph = 10:48

From BWV to Hollywood Studios is 0.66 mile Posted May, 2001

Fast Walk: 3.0 mph = 13:12
Medium Walk: 2.5 mph = 15:50
Slow Walk (kids): 2.0 mph = 19:48

All numbers above do not include the time to get from your room to the BWV exit. From the far end of BWV to the front entrance is over 800 feet. This could take as much as 5 minutes to walk from the farthest villa to BWV's front entrance.

Note: The original posts were made when HTML was active on the boards. HTML no longer works so the post formatting does not work. Also, some of the links to other threads no longer work.

Most people find the walk into Epcot to be pretty easy. Although after a long day on your feet (particularly with kids) the boat back is always full.

The walk to the studios is (as Caskbill indicates) about twice as long - and less than half as popular. Unless the boat has just left, or unless you don't get enough walking in at Disney, most people take the boat. I walk it at least once a trip - but I send my husband ahead with the kids on the boat.

Thank you all for your information and suggestions. We'll be there in three weeks...yeah!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter