How long is the Princess Breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?

burnsey23

Earning My Ears
How long does the breakfast character meal last at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall? We have an 8:00AM reservation and the park opens at 9:00AM?

That is up to you. When you enter they take the complementary picture before they seat you. Once you are seated they take your drink order and you go up to the buffet. about 10 to 15 mins later they bring out the hot food for the table to share. Can you finish by 9:00? If you are seated right at 8:00 and don't ask for a second plate of eggs Etc. I'd say yes.

Thanks for the answer....I was wondering the same thing. We have an 8am ressie, too....park opening at 9am. Good to know! Perhaps we can get to Soarin' before it's too packed out!;)

Please remember that Norway is a bit of a walk to the front of Epcot...we didn't care about RD, but, we wanted to be sure to get to the head of the line of a few favorites...not soaring tho..I hated that....but, we were there just a little over an hour. Have a grand and magical time:)

Unless you have a long wait for a table, there is a good chance you can finish breakfast in time for rope drop. The meal at Akershus is served family style, so it's easier to dictate the pace. Everything will take a little longer if you are determined to meet and interact with every princess. If the restaurant is busier, they rotate through the restaurant a bit slower.

To minimize your time be sure to get your check and pay early on in your meal. I recommend that for everyone and every breakfast where you want to make RD. It tooks us over 15 minutes to take care of the check at our first character breakfast and we wound up missing RD, but at MK we still made it to Dumbo with minimal wait times. This is especially important if you are on the dining plan because you will get several receipts at different times (original receipt showing total cost, DDP receipt, tip receipt all needing signatures and/or credit cards). And if you wait, you will probably not be the only one looking to get your check taken care of since most people wait until they are finished.

We've never had an issue finishing our meal in less than an hour and we typically order seconds on the family platter.

Have a great trip! Enjoy those yummy cheesy potatoes - they are one of my favorite foods at Disney!

It really is up to you. If all you want to do is eat and get out you can do that in 30-45 minutes. However, many people sit there when they are done so they can see the full round of princesses or even sometimes see a specific princess more than once. If you want to see and meet with all of the princesses you may be there over an hour.

We had an 8:00 am adr last Sept at Akershus. We were finished by 8:45 am - we did not rush, saw all the princesses and got plenty to eat - even had a refill on the hot plate.

We were in and out in about 45 minutes. I think where you are seated plays a huge role in how long you are there. We were seated along the wall about 4 tables from the door where the princesses came out. So we had seen all of them by about 30 minutes into our meal. Also, we had a 9 am ADR and they were already running a bit behind so our warm food came out with our drinks. It all seemed very rushed but DD was happy so that's all that matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter