• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long is the perfect stay?

We have always done 10 or 11 days and I always leave feeling like I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. I would say 14-15 days would be nice...heck the more the better. Wish I still had a trip in the making. Not sure when we will get back with two college tuitions in the near future and our daughter's busy schedules. Hoping I can figure a way to squeeze in a trip. Good luck to you and have a magical time.

Being from the UK we tend to go for 2-3 weeks but we don't go just to Disney & we spread each Park over a few days. But it's all down to what exactly you want to do at WDW & ofcourse your budget.

:tink:

We do 10 days - with a 10 day park hopper pass.

One week is too little to do what we want to do and 14 days for us is too expensive.

We arrive aon a Saturday around noon at our resort - check in, check our bags with bell service and go to EPCOT or MK (what ever bus comes first). Then go back to our resort around 4 pm, when the room is ready.
We eat lunch at a CS - Cosmic Rays in MK or Sunshine Food Fair in EPCOT - sometime we snack around the 'world' at EPCOT.

We like to sleep in after a late night at MK (onlt park we use those hours) - We like to do EMH at all other parks. we llike to see the HHD and plan one tour - this time KTTK, because DD is will finally be 16 year olds in 2012 - DS has been waiting, he is now 20 years old.

We do alot in MK and EPCOT. AK we can do in 1 day - or 1.5 days. DHS we do in 2 days.

We use the pool at the resort about 3 times when we are in WDW.
We have a pool at home - so why bother spending more than an hour at the resort pool when we do not have the theme parks at home to see. We can always swim when we come back home - after the pool is cleaned up from no maintenance for 11 datys.

We went for 7 days last time and it wasn't nearly enough. This time we're doing 10 which I think will be just perfect. I LOVE Disney but I also get homesick easily especially for my own bed ;)

10 days is perfect for us. We only could fit in 7 this year and it wasn't nearly long enough. I would love to be able to do 21 days! 7 at the Poly, 10 at the Gf and 4 at the AKL. I guess I can dream!

We do 10 days and it is so relaxing.
We will do one day at the water park, leaving the evening open to whatever.
Our last day prior to leaving we spend at Downtown Disney for some last minute shopping then the rest of the day is spent at the pool relaxing.
We usually only do animal kingdom one day and the others multiple times through out our stay.
I don't wake up the kids to be at the park at the crack of dawn, when they get up then we start the day. Cranking kids = Even Crankier parents.

I have enjoyed switching my week the last few years from an early Sunday arrival to an early Sunday departure; now to an early Saturday arrival to a late Saturday departure.

I like having that extra "full" day and now have an entire day at home (well almost) to re-group and get to know the pets again.

I really do get homesick for my animals.

Wow - 2 weeks would be a dream!! The longest we've stayed is 8 nights and I wish I could've stayed longer! Have a great time!!:goodvibes

We just got back from a 15 night stay at POR. Aug 12 - 27th. Our vacation was great...

However, I think it was maybe 1 or 2 nights too long. I was ready to go home Friday morning Aug 26th.

We already have an 11 night stayed booked at POLY next aug 15th-26th, 2012.

I would say anywhere from 10-13 nights would be perfect.

I like 14-15 days w/10 day park tickets. That gives us plenty of time to spend in all the parks, plus time to just relax by the pool, water park or DisneyQuest. We usually spend a day hotel hopping too. I just hate feeling rushed to see everything.

Around 9-10 nights for us. I am booked for 9 this next trip, however DH and I went for 7 this past year and it seemed just right for us at the time. We were ready to come home when the 8th day arrived.

I think it depends on who you're travelling with. As a adults-only trip, I could see spending ten or twelve days. So much to see and do and there's no rush. It would also give you plenty of time to check out a massage at one of the spas and spend time at the pool, not to mention time in your room relaxing. You'd definitely have plenty of time to see everything.

That said, with a little one, we stayed for seven on our most recent trip and felt like it was just a tad too long. We're doing five days/four nights on our upcoming trip and I'm worried that's just not enough time, even though I don't mind skipping Animal Kingdom this time.

9 nights / 10 days seems to be perfect for us. We like to leave on a Thursday, come back on a Saturday, unpack/unwind/relax on Sunday and back to work on Monday!

This is exactly what we do for our longer trip of the year! We do one day trips (my family is close) and we do up to a week other times! But, our best trips are when we do the Thurs to Sat days!

Thanks for all the replies! I think 14 nights will be a good amount of days for us. It'll be a good amount of time to take things slow and to appreciate the details of the parks and resorts.

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a WDW trip for August/Sept 2012 and I was wondering how long does it take to see it all? This would be my 2nd trip with the gf and I make this trip a special one. I was thinking 14 nights as I like to have a relaxed vacation rather than a rushed one (last time stayed for 1 week and felt it wasn't enough). How many nights would you stay at WDW? How long is the perfect stay?

8 days/nights - 2 MK, 2 EP, 1 HS, 1 AK+DTD, Front and back days for travel and 'misc'. :goodvibes

ArcEntropy

Our last trip was 8 nights/9 days, however 2 of those days were only partial since they were the arriving and leaving days. So we really only had 7 full days. We spent 6 days in the parks and one day off. The day off was spend at DTD and was still a full day. Ideally, I would make it a 10 or 11 night vacation with an extra park day and at least one more "take it easy" day (such as at a water park or just at the resort).

We are planning 10 full days. The last time we were there, we stayed off grounds and it was 5 days of rushing around and feeling exhausted.

This time we are staying on grounds - POFQ
The first night we are going to explore Downtown Disney.
Then we spend 10 full nights before checking out.

Of course sometimes what you plan changes but we thought we would spend a full day at one of the parks. Then the next day we would sleep in a little then eat lunch or dinner at one of the resorts because we would like to see each one (if we have to take a cab we will). Then we will be able to spend some time at each park and have a lot of time to relax and enjoy each other's company. We might do this for the rest of our stay.

Again many thanks for all those of you that replied! And I'm also thinking of staying 14 nights all in WDW. Now the next step is picking a resort to stay at! But thanks again everyone! I understand the amount of time needed to see everything.

If I were staying two weeks at WDW, I would choose two resorts and make it a split stay. :thumbsup2

10 days is my desired time but I can't always do that. If you can take 14 that is awesome! There is so much to do and see. After a few days you need some pool days to relax. Enjoy!

shelly:rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter