How long is the average wait for rides?

Danny K

DIS Veteran
We are going to disney world in mid august 2013. Can anybody give me an average wait time for the following rides in mid august?

Big Thunder Mountain

Splash Mountain

Space Mountain

WDW Carousal of Progress

Barnstormer

Haunted Mansion

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Peter Pan Flight

Test Track

Mission Space

Soarin

Ride in Norway Pavilion (Whatever its called)

Ride in Mexico Pavilion (Whatever its called)

Toy Story Mania

Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror

Rock N Roller Coaster

Expedition Everest

Primeval Whirl

So please help me. Feel free to answer for the ones you know if you haven't been on or seen all of them.

Ride wait times vary a great deal...from season to season, day to day and even hour to hour. There is no way to give you accurate information as there are just too many variables.

If you have a smart phone I would suggest downloading Disney's My DisneyExperience app or one of the other wait time apps that are available. It will give you an idea of what wait times can be like at the rides you listed.

Here's a good place to start. http://**************.net/2011/09/12/disney-world-crowds-in-2013/

Touring Plans is a great resource as well.

You should post this question on the Theme Parks board, not the restaurant board, you will get more answers.
As the others have said, wait times vary widely from season to season, day to day and ride to ride.

Some schools may be back in session by mid-August, but it will still be very hot. Just be prepared for the heat and crowds, and be sure to pack your patience.

The best way to avoid the busiest park on any particular day, and the longest waits for rides, is the have a touring plan. I would suggest picking up a copy from your local library or book store of the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa

Also, check out the Disney World Tips board.

We just went in mid-August of this year and never waited more than 30 minutes for anything, including most of the rides on your list. Key is arriving early each day (e.g., rope drop) and using FastPass system smartly.

In MK, getting an early breakfast in the park at CP or CRT gives you a head start because you are already in the park when it opens (but early enough to be finished eating when it opens). Soarin' and TSM have virtual races to the FastPass machines at rope drop, so again, being there when the park opens and having someone in your group who can get to those rides quickly (and then meet the others somewhere for a non-FP attraction is very helpful. At DHS, we got in at 9:00, got TSM FP and had ridden ToT, RRC and TSM all by 10:30. At MK, we got there at 9:00 and had ridden Thunder (twice), Splash and POTC by about 10:00.

In short, it can be done with sub-30 minute waits but you have to be flexible. And yes, it will be hot (no shocker there!), but if you mix in the indoor rides strategically, it is not so bad. Have fun!

You should post this question on the Theme Parks board, not the restaurant board, you will get more answers.
As the others have said, wait times vary widely from season to season, day to day and ride to ride.

Sorry I didn't notice about that. I will put it on theme park boards now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter