How long is the 1/2 Marathon

jxgallan

Earning My Ears
I have been reading the threads about the marathon and I am really getting motivated to join - I love to walk - but...

how long is the half-marathon??

Juanita from PEI Canada :cheer2:

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Half-Marathon is 13.1 miles (~21K)
Full-Marathon is 26.2 miles (~42K)
Holy, Moly, Oly! That answers a question I had on another thread! Thanks!

Congrats to those who have DONE a 1/2 or Full Marathon! WOW!!!! :earseek: :worship:

Actually walking the half marathon distance isn't too bad, if you take your time and stroll. You'd be surprised how many miles you walk during a trip to the mall, etc.

The part that was tough for me was the time limitations. For the WDW 1/2, I trained for a consistent 15 minute mile (4 miles per hour) pace. That is a VERY brisk pace indeed and hard to keep up for 3 hours 15 minutes solid.

Yes, it is an ambitious goal to walk a half marathon, but you just can't beat the feeling at the end! Plus, I signed up so I'd be motivated to exercise and knowing the race was coming up really kept me motivated to get out there and walk.

You'll surprise yourself with how much you truly can accomplish! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter