How long is reasonable for a callback?

FlyingDumbo

DIS Veteran
I purchased a treadmill, and then once it was delivered realized it keeps popping the circut in that room. I am willing to pay for an electrician, but need permission from the landlord to have one do any work. I have called the property manager about this for over a week and left several messages. I started calling last Monday. I have only 30 days to return the treadmill. Here is how it went.

Left a voicemail Monday morning- no call back

Left another message Tues morning. No call back.

Called again Tues afternoon and got her, said she would call the landlord and call me back that day. No call back.

Called Wed morning, didn't leave a message. Called Wed afternoon left message.

Thursday I just called an electrician, he doesn't want to do any work until landlord approved, there is a note on the box that any work must be approved by "landlords name". He called property manager and left 2 messages on Thursday and Friday.

I called again several time Friday, always dumped right to voicemail.

I spoke to a neighbor, same landlord, he said they never call back and are useless. He said the property manager is actually a realtor.

Should I just return the darn treadmill? I stand to lose delivery fee and restock fee, but I should have checked the electrical requirements before I got it.

I purchased a treadmill, and then once it was delivered realized it keeps popping the circut in that room. I am willing to pay for an electrician, but need permission from the landlord to have one do any work. I have called the property manager about this for over a week and left several messages. I started calling last Monday. I have only 30 days to return the treadmill. Here is how it went.

Left a voicemail Monday morning- no call back

Left another message Tues morning. No call back.

Called again Tues afternoon and got her, said she would call the landlord and call me back that day. No call back.

Called Wed morning, didn't leave a message. Called Wed afternoon left message.

Thursday I just called an electrician, he doesn't want to do any work until landlord approved, there is a note on the box that any work must be approved by "landlords name". He called property manager and left 2 messages on Thursday and Friday.

I called again several time Friday, always dumped right to voicemail.

I spoke to a neighbor, same landlord, he said they never call back and are useless. He said the property manager is actually a realtor.

Should I just return the darn treadmill? I stand to lose delivery fee and restock fee, but I should have checked the electrical requirements before I got it.

I think I'd move if management doesn't return calls.

We just moved in a month ago. :( Love the house, and we loved the actual landlord when we met him. The property manager is terrible and I am not sure how to contact the landlord directly. I am very frustrated.

We just moved in a month ago. :( Love the house, and we loved the actual landlord when we met him. The property manager is terrible and I am not sure how to contact the landlord directly. I am very frustrated.

I understand you want to return the treadmill before the grace period expires, but does the operatin' manual state it has to be run on it's own circuit? It's possible you're runnin' too much off that one circuit 'n if you turn off one or two items (like a window unit AC or other big energy user), then the treadmill would work.

If you know the landlord's name, try to find him on whitepages.com and give him a call. Tell him how his property manager isn't doing her job & ask if you can have his permission for the electrical work.

Keep calling til the vm is full. She will eventually get annoyed enough to respond. If not try calling other people in the office to ask if she is on vacation.

Can't you just change the outlet it's plugged into? Not ALL the circuits should be the amperage. Go down to the circuit box. They should be labeled. usually the kitchen (because of the fridge,) & a couple other circuits are more than the others. for example, most may be 15 amps, but a couple circuit breakers should be 20 or 25 amps.

How LONG are you going to be using the treadmill per day? you could just rig up a long extension power cord, (rated for the amps for required,) to the outlet you need. Then unplug it when you are dome using the treadmill for the day.

As Uncle Remus said, you might just need to unplug or turn off OTHER items in use off the same circuit. OR re-rout them to other circuits. In the summer, I can't run my AC when I'm drying my hair.

Last, a licensed electrician may cost the same as exchanging the treadmill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter