How long have YOU been here?

How long have you been lurking or posting on the DIS boards?

• Less than 3 months

• 3 months - 1 year

• 1 year - 2 years

• More than 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not much of a poster, but have been lurking for well over a year.Sus:)

I joined DVC in 1995 and have been visiting the DIS since 1997 (when I bought my WebTV). I finally bought a PC in Apr which makes chatting with my DVC friends on Sun nights so much easier.

I became a fan and user of the boards in May of last year, when we were about to purchase into the DVC. I knew about the boards, however, because I had been visiting the site for the last 3 years. I found it very helpful in planning my WDW trips. The boards were invaluable when we began contemplating our DVC purchase and now they allow me to get my Disney fix on a regular basis.

I have been here since it was just one board and Pete was in New Jersey. I had thousands of posts at one time. Pete kept improving the board and I would l lost the post number. As you can see I have under 100 now. I at one time was very active on this board, now I rarely post. My attitude about WDW is not the same as it was 20 years ago. I am affraid WDW is going to change even more in the coming months as more cut backs come. I still love going down to OKW in the winter and staying in a one or two bedroom. It is a great place to get warm and it has plenty of fine restaurants.

About 4 years I have been posting on Pete's site. It started as just one board when Peter was in NJ. I believe he worked for UPS but then decided to make his dream come true and moved to Orlando. With his dream he has brought much pleasure and information to the world, yes the world. We all thank him.

I am a newbie and an oldie, had over 700 posts using old sign-on had to change to new sign-on and start all over. I look forward to checking the board everyday, I have enjoyed answering and having people answer my questions on DVC and WDW, Pete has done a wonderful job!!!!!

Thanks to all who voted, replied and shared their stories of this board.

The poll results confirmed my suspicion that there are a lot of people who have been visiting this board for a long time. It also confirms my fear that I might be getting addicted ! :eek:

I was lurking for a couple of months and logged in for the first time just two months ago. I've got a few posts and I haven't even had an official trip home yet! :(

My DW thinks I'm crazy...is there a rehab program out there for DISBoard junkies? :crazy:

I first found this site after returning from our Jan 2001 trip to Disney. Took the DVC tour and was very interested but still had questions so started web surfing and low and behold found this great site. This is where I first found out about resales and all the ins and outs of DVC. Since then made my BWV purchase and can't wait for my first trip home. So I guess I fall into the 3 months to 1 year category, although I have only been posting for about 2-3 months.

I'm an oldie. I wish I had found this site before our purchase, but it would only have made us more comfortable with the decision - purchased a resale, site unseen. Best money we ever spent.

Thanks for reporting in, Scott!! Welcome Home!

Note: For those who have recently found this site, Scott Wattum was the first Moderator of the DVC Board. He has wonderful insight to the DVC program and very knowledgeable in all aspects DVC. Please stop in more often, Scott!

I found this board in October, 1999.
A few days later I signed a contract for OKW from the Timeshare Store. Closed by December 3, and went to OKW the same week with DH,DD, DSIL and 3DGSs!

I've been lurking ever since!!!

June:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I just bumped this up to thank those who voted.

Also, I think it is interesting to see the diversity of seniority of DIS members. Lots of "old timers" as well as new blood. As anyone in a long term organization will tell you, it's critical to have a mix of both in order to survive and prosper.

Thanks to everyone for your regular stream of insights, comments and especially for bringing a piece of WDW to me all year round!

Found the sight from post in the readers clubhouse while planning our trip this past summer. Bought in to DVC in August. Wish I had found the sight years ago and bought in sooner. I guess I'm kinda crazy, I was surprised at how cheap it was. Expected it to be a lot more expensive. I've been to WDW 3 times and DL 2 times since 93, my hotel expenses would have almost completely paid for my points if I had bought sooner.

I've been here since early August '99 thanks to my friend (mg) who lurks much more than she posts - lol! Thanks mg!!! I kind of float in and out depending on my vacation schedule ;) Thanks for a couple of great years Pete!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter