How long from one end of the strip to the other?

moet7

DIS Veteran
Hi

Just wondering how many miles is it from one end of the Vegas strip to the other?

How long of a walk would it be?

Thanks

IIRC, it's about 4 miles from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere. Maybe someone else knows for sure...

If you walked from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere, it would take about an hour and a half, if I had to guess . . .

Yea I have a map that says its almost 5 miles to the Strato.

We plan to do a lot of walking.
Ive read the trolly is $2.50?

Anyone ever take the trolly? How did it go?

As many times as I've been there, never too the bus or the trolley- bus always looked extremely crowded and trolley was always on the wrong side of the street we were on!! Always either walked or Taxi.

Walked once from Harrahs (center strip) to Strat and it took about an hour (maybe few stops along the way)

When I was in the LV Marathon last year, it took me about 1.5 hours to walk from the Mandalay Bay to the end of the strip (past the Stratosphere). I walked about 3.0 miles per hour, so your speed may be faster. (It was my first marathon!) Also, I walked in the street at 6am, so it was not hot yet. When I have walked it in the heat, I wanted to shoot myself in the foot! Be smart and don't walk the whole way in the heat. At night or in the winter, it's ok.

I'm researching this for an upcoming Vegas visit and have found "The Deuce", the city bus that runs along the Strip frequently - like every 8 minutes or so. It's $2 for a one-way trip.

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/cat/routes/deuce/index.cfm

Just back from Vegas and I can say the Deuce worked well for us, but be sure to have dollar bills to insert since the machine on the bus doesn't make change. Some stops have ticket machines so you can get a ticket while waiting, but the southbound stop near Caesar's did not.

Thanks jlmarr!

Where were the stops and was it 2.00 no matter where you got on and off?

Ill look at the link:)

Yes, $2 flat rate. You can get a day pass for $5 IIRC, but for us it was just there-and-back which cost $4.

We used the northbound stop near M&M World and got off near Flamingo. Southbound was next to Caesars and got off between Monte Carlo and NY/NY. There's a stop about every major "city" block.

It is a really long walk.

Not too bad if you make a day of it and get a cab back.

Cabs aren't bad if there a few ppl to share. The duece can be crowded and a bit slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter