How long from Grand Floridian to AK via bus?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by homeputer1, Feb 13, 2013.

1. homeputer1

homeputer1 Earning My Ears

Hi All! Hoping someone can help? Will be at the Grand Floridian on 2/28 for a "work thing".We will have "free time" from noon-6pm with our choice of Park. I would LOVE to visit the Animal Kingdom during this time, however in reading threads and other articles online, I am concerned that with this being the farthest Park from our hotel (9 miles) would anyone happen to know... *approximately* how long would I be spending on the bus there and back??

Thanking you in advance! :)

2. Spunky946

Spunky946 DIS Veteran

When we stayed at the AKL lodge a couple of weeks ago, it to 15 ish minutes to get to Magic kingdom park, so I'd say probably about that, maybe a little more. I'm not sure if they share a bus with another resort. It's not too bad of a ride.

3. Reto

Reto Baloo's Best Buddy:-)

I've videotaped it::) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGuK1WkdVs (starts at around 7:45), so the whole ride from the GF to the AK took 20 minutes.

Remember that the bus comes from the Wilderness Lodge, thus might arrive with standing room-only. Also, there's at stop at Blizzard Beach in between, which adds a couple minutes.

Have a magical stay!

4. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

There is a great site that someone posted for me that you can put in where you wanna go on Disney property and it will tell you how long it will take you by whatever transportation you put in. I found it very helpful

www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx