• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how long from epcot to GF?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
we might be having dinner at the GF one night. we're staying at the y/c, and I know I can take a bus to mk and then the boat or monorail to the gf, but I'm wondering about going straight from epcot to the gf. if we get an early start, we may wander thru epcot and do a few things there, depending on timing.

I'll try to help with some info:

You would have to walk from the IG (back door) of EPCOT, out the front gate, to get to the monorail. Figure @ 8 minutes for the ride to the TTC, then you switch to the resort monorail. I would guess the best case from the front gate at EPCOT to GF would be 15 minutes, and that's if you timed it perfectly to walk onto the waiting monorail(s). Worst case, but no breakdowns or track stops, then 30 minutes.

You dont need to take any monorail to get the the GF from Epcot. It will probably take 15 to 20 minutes by bus from Epcot to GF.

schmitty said:
You dont need to take any monorail to get the the GF from Epcot. It will probably take 15 to 20 minutes by bus from Epcot to GF.

As far as I know, there are no busses to the GF from Epcot.

Ed

It takes 20 minutes from Poly to TTC so figure about 30 for GF. There is no bus that goes from Epcot to GF. You have to go to TTC and switch to a resort monorail.

In my experience at staying at the GF and going to EPCOT for dinner, I have found taking a cab to be the best bet. It can take a ling time about 30 min. to get to where you need to go using WDW transportation. Last visit we used a cab to get from the GF to the YC for dinner at the steakhouse. It was not expensive, and well worth it and it took about 10 minutes. We love WDW transportation, but not when going out for dinners beyond the hotel monorail....then it's a taxi....it's just way too stressful.

Yes, as others have said you can't take a bus from GF to Epcot. You have to take the monorail or the boat.

Another alternative to get to GF from Yacht Club is to take the boat to the Studio, then grab a bus to the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter