How long from ASMu to GF?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
We are staying at ASMu and have dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare in GF at 5:20. What time would we have to leave the ASMu and how would we get there? Do we take the bus to the monorail? I think we will be at the hotel for nap time and go straight from there and then take the monorail back to MK for the night. Is that right? This is the first time our family is staying on property and we have no experience with the transportation system.

Thank you.

We stayed at CSR and when we ate at other resorts I always allowed at least an hour to get to the place that we where eating at. Sometimes we got there early and if we could not be seated we would walk around and tour the resort. If you are unfamiliar with the transportation system at Diseny I would allow probably more along the lines of an hr and a half. We would take the bus to the MK from CSR and then the ferry or momorail to the resort we where eating at. Sometimes we had late ADR's so we would have to take the other resorts bus to Downtown Disney and then catch our resorts bus from there.

HTH and I did not confuse you more......lol

Kristi

I would allow at least an hour as well. Definitely take the bus to MK and go from there just as billysarmy wife says. If you arrive early to 1900 Park Fare, check with them, you may get seated a bit early. If not the Grand Floridian lobby is gorgeous and they have some nice gift shops too (but ask if your pager will work if you venture to one of them). Then you can monorail or ferry over to the Mk after dinner. I will also tell you that taking a cab can be nice. It will be around $20 (with the tip) and if you are having a hard time getting the little ones up from nap it can be a lifesaver. Just call the belldesk and ask them if you need to arrange one ahead of time or if they just prefer to call one when you get down (cabs are all over the area and one will arrive quickly). If you take a cab, allow 30 minutes. Many times we have just needed that extra half hour to oan hour and cabbed it!

We like to take the boat (not the big ferry boat) from the MK to GF because they tend to be less crowded. We generally allow an hour to get from resort to resort if we are going to use Disney transportation as well. Sometimes it may take longer but an hour seems to be the average.

if you dine at the ak restaurants, allow plenty of time (1 hour) plus time to tour the resort. it is magnificent, you don't want to miss that if you are there at all. also the walk out the back to see the animals is good enough reason to make to trip to ak. :rainbow: i would allow an extra hour just to look around. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter