• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long for your bags to arrive from ME?

It takes too long for me...this is why I don't use the luggage tags, and put my suitcase on the bus.

Yes, that's the best solution if you need your bags right away. There's still a small chance that the airline could lose your luggage, though!

Whenever I have flown in midweek, I have gotten my luggage right away. the one time I flew in on a weekend, it took over 7 hours to get! Not sure why, but from now on, I plan midweek trips. I also waited in line for Magical Express one Saturday morning for over 2 hours. Not worth the aggravation!

We were just at All Star Movies Sept 13 - 21! We used Magical Express and it was great!

We checked in and our room was ready, around 1:00 pm! We went to the room to wait for the baby bed/stroller we'd ordered from A Baby's Best Friend. Within the hour, we had the baby bed & stroller, and our luggage was delivered too!!! We were really excited to be able to put our stuff away before heading out!

While we're on the subject of ME, can someone please clarify this for me. Do we have to be in the room when our bags are delivered? If we are off having dinner, will they leave the bags in the room? Thanks :)

We waited 6 hours the last time (staying @ the GF). We will get our luggage from the belt this next time and take it on the ME with us. I hate carry ons. We have dinner reservations that evening and I like to freshen up after a long day of traveling.

While we're on the subject of ME, can someone please clarify this for me. Do we have to be in the room when our bags are delivered? If we are off having dinner, will they leave the bags in the room? Thanks :)

They will leave the bags in the room. Both times I used DME we were not there when they were dropped off. The most recent visit our luggage arrived to our room while we were at dinner, sometime between 1.5-2.5 hours after we checked in.

They will leave the bags in the room. Both times I used DME we were not there when they were dropped off. The most recent visit our luggage arrived to our room while we were at dinner, sometime between 1.5-2.5 hours after we checked in.

In our most recent stay the bags were dropped off with out us being there. But I don't have an accurate scale as to how long it took because we went to AK right after check in but they were there by the time we got back

I've only used ME a few times. Most of the time we had our luggage in our room(s) in just a few hours. HOWEVER, one year we arrived on a day filled with thunderstorms. We landed around 11:30 am and our luggage was delivered to our room around 1:00 am - over 13 hours later. I was told that the lightening was to blame. The luggage handlers couldn't process the luggage/be on the tarmac with lightening in the area. I don't know how legit that excuse was since, honestly, the plane that I landed in wasn't sitting on the tarmac ALL DAY waiting for the luggage to be offloaded. Wasn't the luggage inside the airport waiting for ME to pick it up? :confused3 Anyway, my point is, it CAN happen that your luggage takes an insanely long time to get to your room. Plan for the worst, be happy when the worst doesn't happen. :thumbsup2

We waited 6 hours the last time (staying @ the GF). We will get our luggage from the belt this next time and take it on the ME with us. I hate carry ons. We have dinner reservations that evening and I like to freshen up after a long day of traveling.

If you go with only checked bags, you risk not getting your luggage at all. It is more common for an airline to misdirect your bags than it is for DME to delay or misplace them.

It is never wise to not have 24 hours worth of clothing in a carry on.

Last October I was at the GF for a conference and my teenage niece flew in on Friday night at 9. When we got back our our room on the DME, she was exhausted as it was 10pm and she had been in school all day. She realized that her contact solution etc. was in her suitcase and not her carryon and was nervous that they wouldn't get there until the next morning. So, we called down to the front desk and they assured her that her bag would be there soon. It arrived around 11:30 and she was able to take her contacts out and get some sleep.

Tom

However, there could always be issues with the airline and your luggage. It is still a good idea to ALWAYS pack what you need for at least 24 hours (I would say 48 hours when it comes to meds or contacts) in your carry on.

We never had problems with ME, but we did have baggage problems with our airline, The bags were no on our flight. WE were a nonstop flight so I was surprised, but I knew that it could happen. If you have specific clothing you want for that evening, it would be best to carry it with you so that you know yo have it. Also, make sure you have anything yo need for 24 hours. Again, not because ME will be late in delivering your bags, but because once you hand them over to your airline, you have no control over them or when they arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter