How long for Disney to finalize transfer

bigvig1130

Mouseketeer
I just received an email from the title company saying they sent the final request to Disney for ownership transfer (Yeah almost home!). Typically how long does this process take. From what I understand you can call for your member number instead of waiting for the mail. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

I just received an email from the title company saying they sent the final request to Disney for ownership transfer (Yeah almost home!). Typically how long does this process take. From what I understand you can call for your member number instead of waiting for the mail. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Our BLT contract closed and was received by Disney on February 26th, but after calling and calling and always being told that it could take a month...I finally called Sharon with Fidelity (the day before yesterday). She said that something was wrong and that she'd call her Disney contact. Within 30 minutes she called me back to tell me that they were working on ours right then and it was to be expedited. I called yesterday and had to go through several people (including quality control) to be given our member number, club ID and online access code. NO ONE wanted to give me the numbers at first, and they all initially said they couldn't do it, it had to be mailed, etc. Quality Control was who finally just gave me the numbers, and then I called Member Services to book what was left and order our AP's. The delay with Disney caused us to miss the category we wanted to book by ONE DAY! Now we're on two waiting lists to try and keep from switching rooms/resorts three times in one trip. :(

I really think they're trying to stick it to those of us who buy resale, but all in all, the two full months of waiting will be worth it in the end. We'll be calling at the 11 month mark for our next trip and will avoid all this mess!

Good luck getting your contract through the Disney system quickly!!!

Yeah but when you get mad think about the THOUSANDS of dollars you probably saved by buying resale , I still can't get why people buy direct for other than special circumstances like a small point contract/use year combo

Actually from Feb 26 to March 15 it is only 13 business days and they tell you it will take up to 15 business days... You got it right on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter