• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long for dinner?

motogp

Mouseketeer
On the Dream, approximately how long should we allow for dinner each nite (early seating?) Not sure if our kids will sit through anything more than 2 hours. Are some restaurants longer than others? Thx.

On the Dream, approximately how long should we allow for dinner each nite (early seating?) Not sure if our kids will sit through anything more than 2 hours. Are some restaurants longer than others? Thx.

Between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I haven't really noticed if certain restaurants are longer than others. I think some of it just depends on your servers. You can always have them bring your kids their food early and then bring them to the kids club when they are done eating. This is what we have done with our 3 thru 5 year old on his last 3 cruises.

Our dinners were between an hour and 15 minutes and an hour and a half.

We arrived right at our assigned dining time, and were frequently one of the first tables seated. Our assistant server was always right there and handed us the menus. Our server would come over and ask if we were ready to order and we did.

It was nice for the kids not to have dinner drag out any longer.

Our dinners were between an hour and 15 minutes and an hour and a half.

We arrived right at our assigned dining time, and were frequently one of the first tables seated. Our assistant server was always right there and handed us the menus. Our server would come over and ask if we were ready to order and we did.

It was nice for the kids not to have dinner drag out any longer.

That sounds perfect! What ship were you on and who were your servers?
TIA! :goodvibes

Great information from everyone. Can anyone share any great ideas they used to occupy thier kids for that amount of time? I know that my kids will want to stay with us and not go to the kids club so I planned on bringing some books, or coloring books and crayons to occupy them. Do you think that is tacky or not proper etiquette?
They will be three when we sail. ( twins!)

Our kids start off their meals with milk.

After the first night, the servers would have the milk waiting at the table (or bring it right after we sat down).

That would take the edge off their hunger, and give them something to start off with.

If you think something like that would help you, I'm sure your servers would do the same for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter