How long for BOG lunch?

TI double-GUH ER

Mouseketeer
We're touring at the end of August. On our last day, we currently have FP for Buzz from 10-11, then lunch at BOG at 11:45, with a ride on 7DMT 12:50-1:50. Anna and Elsa are expecting us 1:50-2:50.
Can we get in and out of BOG in close to an hour? Is this cutting things too close? Does it save a significant amount of time to order ahead? There are 4 of us, if that makes a difference.
Advice is welcome! Thank you!

We're touring at the end of August. On our last day, we currently have FP for Buzz from 10-11, then lunch at BOG at 11:45, with a ride on 7DMT 12:50-1:50. Anna and Elsa are expecting us 1:50-2:50.
Can we get in and out of BOG in close to an hour? Is this cutting things too close? Does it save a significant amount of time to order ahead? There are 4 of us, if that makes a difference.
Advice is welcome! Thank you!

You can. Just be sure to pre-order. I didn't like predicting what I would want, but it made for a very efficient and pleasant experience. We basically sat down about 2 minutes after walking up to the restaurant.

Even if you don't want to pre-order you shouldn't have a problem doing lunch in about an hour. Look at the menu before you go and have an idea of what you want to eat. The ordering process only took us about 10 minutes. The lunch food comes out pretty quick. We were done in just under an hour including looking around for a few minutes. Have fun. cheers!!!

We did Bog for lunch a few weeks ago and were out in under an hour, and we did not pre-order.

FYI OP you don't have to arrive to 7DMT for your FP until 1:49, so you will have almost two hours at BoG if you want it.

We have also been in and out of BoG in under an hour. They don't really want you to linger over lunch and they will get you served quickly whether you pre-order or not. We did, in fact, feel rushed to finish and get out (but maybe that was just our impression).

You can. Just be sure to pre-order. I didn't like predicting what I would want, but it made for a very efficient and pleasant experience. We basically sat down about 2 minutes after walking up to the restaurant.

we had the same experience last month for lunch. pre-ordered lunch so we walked in, inquired about sitting in the West Wing (which was fine as long as there was room, and there was!), and sat down. within a couple minutes our meals were at the table. we were done eating and out the door in just about 30-35 minutes!

What is the west wing?

From the WDW site:
Feast on French-inspired fare in our 3 elaborately themed rooms straight out of the beloved Disney classic.

Located at the foot of the Beast’s Castle in Fantasyland, this expansive and elegant 550-seat dining destination offers 3 meticulously Imagineered dining areas, each designed to immerse Guests in the heartwarming mystery and romance of Beauty and the Beast:

• The Grand Ballroom – Go for baroque in this magnificent ballroom with high, domed ceiling, chandeliers and snow-laced Gothic arches.
  • The West Wing – Dine in the Beast’s mysterious West Wing study—if you dare—and perhaps you’ll even spy the enchanted rose.
  • The Castle Gallery – Get swept up in the romance of Belle’s private library, and inspired by the larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast dancing.
At lunch you can site in in what ever room has space.

Thank you. Looks like that will be my seating request when we eat there in two weeks. :cool1: So looking forward to eating here. My girls are going to love it.

We were back out in 45 mins when we had an ADR and pre ordered, and we took our time.

Thank you. Looks like that will be my seating request when we eat there in two weeks. :cool1: So looking forward to eating here. My girls are going to love it.
We just did this yesterday - - reservations at 1:05, 7DMT FP at 2. We had pre-ordered (but even so, they asked us if we wanted to make any last-minute changes) and were sitting down, eating, within 10 minutes. We even had enough time to go to Ariel's Grotto before riding 7DMT!

Just so you're prepared, though, lunch is seat yourself. Which means wherever there's space, which in our case wasn't the West Wing. We had a beautiful, peaceful lunch in the Castle Gallery. Maybe prepare your girls for the alternatives, just in case!

Yes you should have plenty of time. It was pretty much fast service an hour is plenty of time. I think it took us about 45 minutes.

Just so you're prepared, though, lunch is seat yourself. Which means wherever there's space, which in our case wasn't the West Wing. We had a beautiful, peaceful lunch in the Castle Gallery. Maybe prepare your girls for the alternatives, just in case!

yes! i only asked about the west wing because the lady told me to take a seat "anywhere in the ballroom." i was fortunate enough to see the cast members clearing a table in the west wing as we walked in!

One thing about the West Wing IIRC is that is dark, not pitch black, but not a lot of lighting. Just adds to the ambience, some will love it but some may not like it.

Thanks for all the great replies! I was a little worried that we'd back up too far, and would miss Anna and Elsa. This makes me feel much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter