How long does the CP Application stay up/open?

hightown

I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster
My daughter want's to try for the program but has a lot of sorting out to do with her school - talking to advisors, finance (scholarship issues). Trying to get her to do all that this week but sometimes the wheels turn slow at these institutions.

So when the on line app does open up, any estimates of how long it will be available? Past experience?

While I'm here, another question...do you think one Disney class plus one on-line class from her school is doable with the possible work schedule? Still time to enjoy life?

Thanks!

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=4500

According to this article which was posted on January 3, 2013, they will stop accepting applications in late March.

Their recruiting periods vary a bit from year to year. Last year, they went into April. This past Fall they stopped in early November, but prior to that it was late Nov.

She should be OK with that class load.

Even if your daughter can't apply right away make sure she checks up on them daily. Last fall they closed applications about two weeks early because SO many people were applying. Honestly, it won't do her any bad if she applies right away. The process takes awhile. Then if she is accepted she doesn't need to accept her role right away either. There will be time to think about it. I personally hate online classes so for me that would be really difficult to keep up with while on the program. I did take a Disney course and that was fine. There wasn't homework or anything for the one i took and it was only two hours a week for eight weeks. It was fantastic. I can't wait to take more of the classes they offer!

I personally hate online classes so for me that would be really difficult to keep up with while on the program. I did take a Disney course and that was fine. There wasn't homework or anything for the one i took and it was only two hours a week for eight weeks. It was fantastic. I can't wait to take more of the classes they offer!

The issue with doing the online course from her U would be for the purpose of retaining her scholarship (full tuition) for subsequent years. It requires at least 12 hrs per semester/30hr yr. So if her U would accept a couple of Disney classes for credit, was thinking she could do one two on line courses -one 8 week, followed by another 8 week. So hopefully at any one time at most she'd be in 1 Disney and 1 on line course.

She has to talk to her advisors still but from what I've read on her schools website, I doubt there will be any credit given as an internship for doing the program. They have a high credit requirement as a prerequisite to internships. Maybe I'll be surprised but it's a smallish state U and I can't find any reference to other students doing the DCP.

Thanks to you and khancock for your replies!

Last fall they closed applications about two weeks early because SO many people were applying.

this is a popular rumor, but isn't true.

they said from the start that they were going to stop accepting applications in early November. And that is what they did. It was a few days after the last campus presentation. i think the presentation was on 10/28 or 10/29 and they stopped accepting applications on 11/2.

In the past, they had campus presentations going until close to Thanksgiving. They couldn't stop accepting applications early because those schools still needed the chance to apply.

So yes, the application did close earlier than it had in the past, but it had nothing to do with the number of applications they received. It was in relation to when they completed the very last campus presentation.

The issue with doing the online course from her U would be for the purpose of retaining her scholarship (full tuition) for subsequent years. It requires at least 12 hrs per semester/30hr yr. So if her U would accept a couple of Disney classes for credit, was thinking she could do one two on line courses -one 8 week, followed by another 8 week. So hopefully at any one time at most she'd be in 1 Disney and 1 on line course.

She can still apply when the applications open. It often takes 2-3 weeks and sometimes longer to hear if you are accepted or not.

As for the school situation, She should ask about taking a leave of absence, in which she would still be enrolled, but not taking any classes. She wouldn't pay tuition that semester, and perhaps her scholarship would still be valid when she returned the following semester, since she didn't leave the university. They have to have something in place for students who have personal issues or internships that would keep them away from campus for a semester without losing their scholarship!

The Disney classes typically work as transfer credits, if accepted by the university, so she wouldn't be able to count that as toward her 12 credit status. If that makes sense? Since they would be applied after the fact?

this is a popular rumor, but isn't true.

they said from the start that they were going to stop accepting applications in early November. And that is what they did. It was a few days after the last campus presentation. i think the presentation was on 10/28 or 10/29 and they stopped accepting applications on 11/2.

In the past, they had campus presentations going until close to Thanksgiving. They couldn't stop accepting applications early because those schools still needed the chance to apply.

So yes, the application did close earlier than it had in the past, but it had nothing to do with the number of applications they received. It was in relation to when they completed the very last campus presentation.

When I took the Exploring Disney Heritage course we had a guest speaker, her name was Carrie, and she works in recruiting (previously a Disney Ambassador). She provided me with this info. I even took specific notes so I could share the info. She also told us only THREE people have the job of selecting who gets in the program and that's why it can take a while to hear. She also stated over 15,000 people applied that fall and that's why they closed a week and a half early (I just looked at my notes) I don't think she would lie to us.

(I just realized I accidentally made a new account, but I am also cdoles)

Thanks for everyone's replies.

End of story is that she's not going to apply this year. Maybe in the future or for after graduation. Being only a freshman and undecided major doesn't help right now and she has a lot of core classes to get out of the way. Also, her school requires 75hrs before doing an internship or independant study for credit.

Best of luck to you, Kate on your PI application!

hightown said:

She has to talk to her advisors still but from what I've read on her schools website, I doubt there will be any credit given as an internship for doing the program. They have a high credit requirement as a prerequisite to internships. Maybe I'll be surprised but it's a smallish state U and I can't find any reference to other students doing the DCP.

Thanks to you and khancock for your replies!

She should look into all the online programs available to her at her university, not just the ones in her school. My husband has to remain full time to retain his grants and he is doing 12crs online through our university plus he is doing a MI. His online courses are not all fluff but they are rather low workload and he also found ones that were not standard session lengths so 1 is a month long and another is 10 wks, etc. His MI is part of a required internship for his degree so he is getting 3cr hours for that which helps to cut down on the number of classes he has to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter