How long does it usually take to get a response from your DU Agent?

r_loverton

Earning My Ears
I have used a number of different travel agencies as well as reserving via DCL directly in the past and decided to give DU a try based upon a number of reasons. I wanted to see what average response time people have been getting from their agents. It seems to be painfully slow and wanted to check my expectations at the door if this is the norm. I seem to get a response to an inquiry around 1-2 days later. For example, I inquired yesterday morning about a room assignment change on a ressie and I am still waiting for a response.

I realize email can be a slow method for communication and that the agents are quite busy, which is why I wanted to see what experience others have had.

thanks

I've has responses as fast as 5 minutes later and as slow as 48 hours. It really depends on the agent. One time I kept sending emails to my DU agent as I was not getting a response. After a week DU finally responded that this agent was no longer working with them. I was not pleased to not have been notified. I still use them due to the OBC, but this whole waiting for emails thing is irritating me, especially when I have time sensitive requests (desired stateroom finally available, desired category opening up, etc...).
My current DU agent answers within 12 hours.

I didn't hear back from my agent after filling out the transfer request, so after 2 days I sent another e-mail. After 12 days I stll heard nothing, so I called the number that I found on this site. The woman who answered was very apologetic and stated that this should have never happened. I found out that the ressie had been transferred when I called DCL to ask a question and they said that it had been transferred to Dreams and I had to go through the agent with any questions. I definitely think this is an unusual occurrence and it didn't bother me because it was my first booking and I didn't know any better.
Since then, the response has been no longer than a day.

We just booked our first cruise with them - Fantasy in June 2012. I don't think we have ever waited more than an hour for a response. That includes getting several quotes, and then changing seatings and show times after booking the reservation. I had read some posts about them being slow, but that has DEFINITELY not been our experience. They (Dorothy in particular) have been very helpful, and we could not be happier. :love:

I agree that email is a poor way for communication on time sensitive items, but I guess that's what we've got at the moment.

I wanted to transfer an existing ressie to DU. not knowing how to go about it, I submitted a request for a quote and commented that I had an existing ressie to transfer. The next day I received an email from an agent stating I needed to go online and fill out a transfer request form, which I did promptly. The next day, I received an email from a different rep indicating I needed to fill out a paper transfer form and fax it in so that it could then be faxed to DCL. Not sure why I just couldn't have received all of that info in the first email. Would have saved a couple of days.

My DU rep has been extremely responsive to my messages. I have never waited more than a day for her to respond. I am very happy with DU.

I agree that email is a poor way for communication on time sensitive items, but I guess that's what we've got at the moment.

With the increasing use of smart phones with email capability, email can be a very speedy and efficient means of communication - as well as giving a conversation trail.

I have never waited more than a day for her to respond. I am very happy with DU.

I must disagree, a day for an answer to a question that could be answered in 2 minutes by phone doesn't work for me at any time, but even more so when you need an answer right away.

I've has responses as fast as 5 minutes later and as slow as 48 hours. It really depends on the agent. One time I kept sending emails to my DU agent as I was not getting a response. After a week DU finally responded that this agent was no longer working with them. I was not pleased to not have been notified. I still use them due to the OBC, but this whole waiting for emails thing is irritating me, especially when I have time sensitive requests (desired stateroom finally available, desired category opening up, etc...).
My current DU agent answers within 12 hours.
Does DU give you a phone number to use in emergencies or when you can't get a response via email?

my question from Monday morning has not yet been answered, and its Thursday afternoon. Not the first time for the lack of response.

Not more than 8 hours for me. Just used them and so far so good. Time lapse seems to vary from agent to agent.

I'm surprised by these threads. I always get a quick reponse from my TA at DU. Never had to wait more than a couple hours for a response [and given my experience with dealing direct with DCL and WDW that's saying something!] When she's on vacay, gives contact info for other agents in case there is emergency.

This is my first time using them and our TA is very fast at emailing us back. Usually we receive replies back the same day unless I've sent an email too late at night then it's usually the next morning. I'm very satisified so far.

So for example, I received an email last night at 7:21PM PST, which I responded back at 7:28PM PST about changing room assignments and I haven't heard back. Also, I sent an email yesterday morning for a different reservation at 10:30AM PST and haven't gotten a response yet either.

You're lucky you got an agent - I got a "concierge desk".

Me too. I requested a specific agent based on feedback from the DIS when I sent in my Quote Request. I got 2 e-mails from said agent and then when I paid my deposit I received a notification that my travel would be handled by the "concierge desk."

This does not make a new customer happy.

Me too. I requested a specific agent based on feedback from the DIS when I sent in my Quote Request. I got 2 e-mails from said agent and then when I paid my deposit I received a notification that my travel would be handled by the "concierge desk."

This does not make a new customer happy.

Funny - that is exactly what happened to me. I had already used DU for a trip to WDW a few years ago so I was expecting the one-on-one service.

They were quick to take my transfer from DCL but after that my emails go unanswered for days. :confused3 And yes, my TA is still there. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter