How long does it take to to add reward money to Disney Visa?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
If I already have a rewards card how long does it take to add my reward money to it? Does it transfer immediately or does it take awhile?

The last time I took a cruise, I added the rewards dollars to the card from my resort the morning we embarked. I didn't want to risk losing my card while traveling with all the $$ on it (we had accrued quite a bit).
Just make sure you actually HAVE a rewards card. You can request that and put $10 or something on it. That's what takes the time.....the transfer is a simple phone call.

And if you do forget your card, you can pick one up from Guest Relations. You'll have to call Chase to activate it and they immediately transfer over your rewards dollars.

Also, just be aware of the expiration date of the card you already have and make sure it doesn't expire before your next trip.

Also, the phone call to put the rewards points onto the rewards card goes more smoothly if you are calling from a phone associated with your credit card. If the credit card company has just your landline in its records, call from your landline and give them your cell phone number. Then, if you call from your cell phone while you are on vacation to put the rewards points onto the rewards card, the call will be easier. Also, you want to make that call in private, if possible. You can get the card at guest relations, but if you make the call from guest relations then anybody in the vicinity will hear you giving confidential information to the credit card company.

I assume you mean redemption card...long as you already have that, all you have to do is check out and you are all set. I reload mine almost always instantly so it's always ready to use at the parks.

Good question and good information from your fellow Dis members

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter