How long does it take to rent points through third party?

schultzywi

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
I completed an intermediary agreement about 5 weeks ago through David’s and haven’t anything since then. I listed between details removed) as my home resort. If you’ve listed before, how long did it take to find a renter? How do they contact you if they have a potential match? I’m having second thoughts and thinking I should have rented on my own but I don’t know if I can cancel the agreement.

Removed details

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere from days to months.

David"s is likely getting a lot of"I want xxxx for December!!!" requests right now

I purchased my first resale contract in 2022. I had some expiring points that i rented out at the $16 rate (0-7 month reservations). They were rented out in an hour.

I recently did the cruise swap. I have Riviera September 2023/2024/2025 points to rent out. It took one week to rent out 100 points from 2023. I then got another reservation request after 2 weeks. These were rented out at the $18 rate (8-11 month home resort priority). Now I am waiting until I am able to borrow my 2025 points to make more reservations.

I think they do try to get you the higher rate if they can, so it might take longer for that.

I completed an intermediary agreement about 5 weeks ago through David’s and haven’t anything since then. I listed between (removed details) as my home resort. If you’ve listed before, how long did it take to find a renter? How do they contact you if they have a potential match? I’m having second thoughts and thinking I should have rented on my own but I don’t know if I can cancel the agreement.

Just sitballing here, but just because you did an intermediary agreement doesnt mean you HAVE to rent your points with them. I also have an intermediary with Davids and also an intermediary with rentalstore. I have my points "deactivated" with rentalstore and I just browse requests passively there. But even if Davids find a match, you dont have to take it like you are being held hostage. What if they never find a match? David's intermediary does state you cant have your points for rent at other sites, which i can see why they wouldnt want that, but it doesnt mean you have to sit by your email waiting for their services.

I removed details of what you are trying to rent.

But it really depends. I went with them years ago and it took about two weeks

I had 82 points to rent out last year. I went with David’s and between getting the answers to all my questions which there very fast at answering my questions and I had a lot of them. It took 2 weeks to rent all the points to 2 different renters. And like I said this included all my questions before I even listed with them. All very easy I was so happy with how everything went

From what I understand I didn't see any restrictions on David's barring you from renting them yourself if you sign the intermediary agreement, as you still have to agree if they reach out to you with an offer. I would hate to sit around and hope they find someone (although I'm sure they do). I've never rented w/ them before so take it with a grain of salt, but have sampled through the process in case I do.

Edit: According to the sample intermediary agreement on David's, it just says you can't list the contract for sale, or list points for rent via another rental agency. No language about renting yourself (or posting on rent boards).

It depends on the points. People want to stay at certain resorts. If you offer points that can be used at a particular resort at more than 7 months out, David's might have a guest just waiting for an owner to contact the company. You might hear back from David's the day after you send in the paperwork.

If they have a match, they will send you an email. But if they have more than one owner whose points will work for the resie, they will send that email to more than one owner. You have to reply and say that you're willing to make the resie. If you're not fast enough, a different owner may beat you to it. If someone wants a resie which is less than 7 months out, David's may be more owners who can book it. If it's more than 7 months out, you might be the only owner who gets the email because David's might not have other Owners with your home resort with enough points.

I completed an intermediary agreement about 5 weeks ago through David’s and haven’t anything since then. I listed between details removed) as my home resort. If you’ve listed before, how long did it take to find a renter? How do they contact you if they have a potential match? I’m having second thoughts and thinking I should have rented on my own but I don’t know if I can cancel the agreement.

Removed details
We were able to rent out a large number of our points through David‘s within 2 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter