How long does it take to get from AK to AKL?

kat08

Mouseketeer
I know they're close but I have never been to AKL. We have 7:40pm ADRs at Boma. When should we leave the park to get there by bus? (I'm assuming that bus is our only option?)

Also, after our dinner, what's the best way to get back to PORS, where we're staying? I assume the buses from AK will not be running because the park closes at 8pm that night. Any tips?

TIA! :)

Doesn't take long. I personally would be in line for the bus around 6:45, and then use the extra time to shop and hang out in the lobby at AKL. I like to allow plenty of travel time, and love spending time at AKL. As for your return - I might suggest getting a bus from AKL to Disney Springs, hanging out there, and then taking the boat from Disney Springs back to POR. You could walk off dinner and enjoy the relaxing scenic trip back 'home'. Alternately, depending on park hours, you could head to MK or something if it's open late.

Another thing - depending on when your visit is, Rivers of Light (the new night-time show at AK) might be running, and you certainly won't want to miss that. You may need to shift the dinner reservation in order to see the show. You could always do an earlier reservation and then return to the park. Either way, AKL is a wonderful resort to visit - the first view is awe-inspiring. Enjoy.

It only takes about 10 minutes of driving time, but you'd want to allow at least an extra 30 minutes in case you have to wait for the bus. Then add 15minutes, because they recommend that you check in that early at the podium. So, you'd want to be at the AKL bus stop about an hour before your ADR.

The AK buses won't be running by the time you're finished eating, which may be as late as 9:00. If either Epcot or DHS are still open, go there to catch your resort bus. Otherwise, you'd have to go to DS. Personally, I'd just grab a taxi.

Yes, bus (or taxi) is the only transportation.
Park to AKL busses stop at Kidani, then Jambo (where Boma is) so that is around 10 minutes of bus time (or more depending on wheelchair transfers)
Plus the 20 minutes to wait for the bus.

Back to POR ... There is always Disney Springs (old DTD) for a long but peaceful haul, you could take the boat from Springs.
If EPCOT is still open, that might be a better option (and might let you see a little of illuminations.

Doesn't take long. I personally would be in line for the bus around 6:45, and then use the extra time to shop and hang out in the lobby at AKL. I like to allow plenty of travel time, and love spending time at AKL. As for your return - I might suggest getting a bus from AKL to Disney Springs, hanging out there, and then taking the boat from Disney Springs back to POR. You could walk off dinner and enjoy the relaxing scenic trip back 'home'. Alternately, depending on park hours, you could head to MK or something if it's open late.

Another thing - depending on when your visit is, Rivers of Light (the new night-time show at AK) might be running, and you certainly won't want to miss that. You may need to shift the dinner reservation in order to see the show. You could always do an earlier reservation and then return to the park. Either way, AKL is a wonderful resort to visit - the first view is awe-inspiring. Enjoy.
Wait! Tell me more about Rivers of Light! I thought I saw something about a AK night time show but I couldn't find anything about it on the Disney site. Guess now that I know the name I van find out more info! :)

Wait! Tell me more about Rivers of Light! I thought I saw something about a AK night time show but I couldn't find anything about it on the Disney site. Guess now that I know the name I van find out more info! :)

It's scheduled to open this spring at AK - possibly on Earth Day. Disney has not given a solid opening date, just saying Spring 2016. They will also be introducing some sort of new projection show on the Tree of Life. Once these open AK schedules will change in order to accommodate them. When is your trip?

It's scheduled to open this spring at AK - possibly on Earth Day. Disney has not given a solid opening date, just saying Spring 2016. They will also be introducing some sort of new projection show on the Tree of Life. Once these open AK schedules will change in order to accommodate them. When is your trip?
Ah, ok. We will be at AK on Sunday...yes, this Sunday. ;)
I had made a reservation at Paradiso 37 at Disney Springs on the last night of our trip but was second guessing that decision. (Read some not-so-glowing reviews.) Wanted to try Boma so we're doing that on the evening of our AK day instead.

Ah, ok. We will be at AK on Sunday...yes, this Sunday. ;)
I had made a reservation at Paradiso 37 at Disney Springs on the last night of our trip but was second guessing that decision. (Read some not-so-glowing reviews.) Wanted to try Boma so we're doing that on the evening of our AK day instead.

So soon! Color me jealous! :) I've been to Boma for breakfast and enjoyed it. And like I said, AKL is an awesome place to visit. Have a great trip!

So soon! Color me jealous! :) I've been to Boma for breakfast and enjoyed it. And like I said, AKL is an awesome place to visit. Have a great trip!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, TravisB! I appreciate it. :)
I can't wait to see AKL. It's one of the few WDW resorts I have not yet seen.

We enjoy Boma, but our favorite restaurant at AKL is over at Kidani - Sanaa. The bread service is so good, and the butter chicken is to die for.

Just a quick chime in here... You could Uber back to AK for RoL or back to your resort. Much faster than bus, and cheaper (by about half) than taxi.
Also, FYI about AKL, in the gift shop they sell beautiful Hand carved animals. We pick a new one up each time we go. They aren't terribly expensive, and are the neatest souvenir!
Enjoy your time there and stop by the savanna to see the animals!

We loved Boma! The food was wonderful! It was crowded, though, and hard to get back to that first food station as everyone likes up there (they think you have to start there.) That was frustrating. Our server was less than stellar but we still enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
We ended up taking the car that day, BTW. It was quicker and less hassle. ;)
Thanks for the input, everyone! :)

We loved Boma! The food was wonderful! It was crowded, though, and hard to get back to that first food station as everyone likes up there (they think you have to start there.) That was frustrating. Our server was less than stellar but we still enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
We ended up taking the car that day, BTW. It was quicker and less hassle. ;)
Thanks for the input, everyone! :)
:thanks: for checking back in!!! Glad you had a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter