How long does it take to do IOA?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are going to WDW during the last week of June. We were planning on taking a day to do IOA. How long will it take us to see the whole park? We don't usually enjoy seeing shows and we dont want to go to the Studios. Thanks for all your help!

Take the whole day to do everything. Since you're going in late June, there will be fairly long lines. Use the express options to the best of your ability, and just enjoy the park.

If you do the early thing, it only takes 3 hours.
The parking garage opens at 8am. 15 minute walk to the front gate of IOA. They usually open at 08:45am during the summer.
You take a lap around the park going clockwise doing the rides in order. You'll get walkon rides and be back to the front of the park at noon.
By this time, it will be hot, and it's your decision if you wanna eat lunch, hang out, and do more rides. Don't arrive at 11am, the crowds are huge at this time. Do the early thing and you'll enjoy your visit much more.

Three hours!!!! WOW!!!! That is true park commando style. We got there at opening and left at about 6 p.m. and still did not do everything.

I don't think 3 hours is realistic. We were there on Sunday from 11 AM through 6 PM and felt that was just about right. We took our time and enjoyed ourselves. Mythos is excellent. The "A Tasting of Chocolate" dessert was absolutely delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter