• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does it take for crowds to thin once the park closes?

teller80

DIS Veteran
We have a 8:20 pm reservation at SciFi on a night when the Studio's closes at 8:00 (how did that happen??). If we're done eating by 9:00, will the crowds be pretty well thinned out? It's in November when they have the Osborne lights, will that affect anything? TY in advance!

We have a 8:20 pm reservation at SciFi on a night when the Studio's closes at 8:00 (how did that happen??). If we're done eating by 9:00, will the crowds be pretty well thinned out? It's in November when they have the Osborne lights, will that affect anything? TY in advance!

Yes.

If those park hours and your ADR time are indeed correct, I'd be concerned that your reservation would not be honored. That is highly unusual.

Yes, if as you say, the park actually closes at 8, by the time you get done with dinner everything will be closed and the "crowds" will be mostly gone. I hope you are planning to enjoy the lights when they go on at 6 - and maybe Fantasmic right after that? If there are two shows you can see one before your dinner reservation.

Yes.

If those park hours and your ADR time are indeed correct, I'd be concerned that your reservation would not be honored. That is highly unusual.

When I made the reservation for Friday, November 14th, the park hours were listed as closing at 8:00. Now it says "park hours unavailable". What does that mean?

Yes. If those park hours and your ADR time are indeed correct, I'd be concerned that your reservation would not be honored. That is highly unusual.

It's been a couple years but I've had ARDs after park close at Sci Fi twice :)

We love to stay after park closing time.

We booked the latest dinner ADRs at Coral Reef (Epcot) and at Tusker House (AK) so that we maximize our play time in the parks. We usually finish about an hour after park's official closing time. We made our way to the exit as if we had the park to ourselves. It is an amazing feeling. Crowd? what crowd? The main crowd was long gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter