How long does Disney Visa take?

bamamom

DIS Veteran
If I apply on line for the Disney Visa will I get it before my early Oct Disney trip?? Would love to have those reward $$ to use there. How long did it take most of you to actually get the card when you applied?

It took a little over 3 weeks for us to recieve our approval letter/card.

Don't forget, you have to charge something before you get your "thanks for joining" reward dollars. AND, it can take 4-6 weeks for them to send you your reward once you request it.

You are cutting it close considering you'd have to request your rewards by late August to play it safe. Unless you immediately charge something really expensive, I wouldn't expect to be able to accrue much in time for your trip.

You'll be able to request a Reward Card the day your first statement shows up on their website (before you actually receive a paper bill in the mail).

Here's what I did:

1. Wait to get your plastic card in the mail.
2. Charge something immediately.
3. Go to the website (www.bankone.com/disney) and get set up for online viewing of your account.
4. Start logging in everyday and view your Account Activity. Watch for when a "Next Payment Due" date is listed.
5. When that appears, go to "Manage My Rewards" and you can order a rewards card for the $50 free you got with your card.

Then they will mail you a plastic gift-card style Reward Card that you can take to WDW.

Trixie - just a question, do you know if they will let you request it before it shows up on your online reward account? I received my card at the end of July, I charged items on 8/6 and I still haven't seen my reward balance show up. Now when we recieved the card, I called to confirm that we were getting our $50 reward, and they are aware of it...it's just not listed in my "banked" rewards yet.

I would think for someone who wants their rewards soon, that a possible 3-4 week delay in even being able to request the rewards, on top of having to wait for the requested Disney Dollars to arrive at your house, is excruciating :)

They pulled a fast one on me. I never even got the free $50! They looked into and said it wasn't on my promotion. It was!
I did get a companion ticket for my airline trip for next year from Visa. I had to spend $200 in a certain time frame.
You need a payment history and at least $20 in rewards for your first reward dollars card. After that it is $10. I just ordered mine, I get $23 which I will put toward my annual pass. That is reduced by $100 because I am a DVC member! I also just ordered a $50 travelers check from Amex with my member rewards from them. I will deduct that from my daughters annual pass! I am loving this. By the time I go to Disney in October the trip will be free!
Pay close attention to all your rewards on your credit cards! As long as you arent paying interest you can get fabulous deals! :Pinkbounc

I signed up for the Disney Visa card in early July and received my card in about three weeks as well. I now have $72 in rewards, including the $50 for signing up.

The current site doesn't show the $50 promotion. Is it over? Or, does anyone have a link or a promo code. I'm trying to refer someone and can't find the promo

branv said:
Trixie - just a question, do you know if they will let you request it before it shows up on your online reward account? I received my card at the end of July, I charged items on 8/6 and I still haven't seen my reward balance show up. Now when we recieved the card, I called to confirm that we were getting our $50 reward, and they are aware of it...it's just not listed in my "banked" rewards yet.
:)

Well, I just TODAY got my Rewards card (yea!), so all I know is what happened with my account. I had to wait the first full billing cycle before any Rewards were posted, even though I made some big purchases the 1st day I got my card.

No record of my rewards showed up until Aug 12th, when my 1st bill was posted. Then, it showed the reward balance, which I immediately transferred to a card. And I received my card today, 8-20. So it took 8 days after 1st bill showed up online to actually receive card.

I actually got points transferred last night before my phone payment was posted. She told me you can transfer as long as you are in good standing and it's at least 10.00. Can you charge 1000.00 a month? Pretty easily, I'd say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter