How long do you wear the button?

We just got back in May for DD's 4th birthday trip. She wore her button the entire 8 days we were there. Not to get "free stuff" as some people would say, but it was so special having all the characters and CM's wishing her a Happy Birthday. The characters signed most of her autographs with "Happy Birthday". It was a nice touch. And because her name was on the button, all of the characters called her by name.:lovestruc It was so magical to her as she had no idea how they knew her name!!! The whole trip was her birthday gift, not just one day of it.:goodvibes

We are going to celebrate DD's birthday, which is the only reason we have our trip planned. I'm going to let her wear her birthday button the whole week.

When we celebrated my son's 7th birthday he wore the button every day. He liked the CMs telling him Happy Birthday every day. When they told him Happy Birthday, even if it wasn't his birthday yet (it was later in the week), he would be honest and tell them it wasn't his birthday yet :lmao:
It was GREAT for him to be acknowledged by the CM's.

today is my and dh's 10th wedding anniversary!:hug: We were planning a couples trip to vegas to celebrate and then decided it would be more fun to take the kids back to disney!! They do grow up so fast!!

I cancelled a cruise we had booked to celebrate our 10th Anniversary in November 09. Instead we are going back to Florida with the kids, and doing Disney and Fort Myers again. The kids will be grown before we know it-plently of time for cruises in a few years, God willing.

We will celebrate our 10 years at Disney in March. And we will wear our buttons the whole week-for an event that actually occurred 5 months prior.

We did the same for our 10 yr. anniversary trip in March. My DH was doing the planning and was going to surprise me with a trip to somewhere other than Disney. Then he decided that there was going to have a lot more time in the future, when the kids grow up and move out, to go on our trips. Therefore we decided to go back to Disney WITH the kids and enjoy it. We got our buttons and proudly wore them the whole time.

To the OP, I was concerned too about the whole wearing the button thing. We wanted to make a last minute ADR to Artist Point for our last night dinner. When I went to the concierge's desk, he asked if we were celebrating anything special and I said that earlier in the week my DH and I celebrated our anniversary. The CM then responded "Well this IS your anniversary week isn't it?". I didn't feel weird wearing my button after that.

I say wear them all week, whatever the celebration! It's fun to celebrate things! And there's no better way to celebrate then at Disney! :yay:

I went last year with my DBF and the trip was my present/birthday celebration, so I wore the pin pretty much all week, like alot of other people said, it wasn't to get "free stuff" it was just to celebrate! I loved hearing the "Happy Birthday's" from all the CM's everyday, although my bf started rolling his eyes by the 3rd day when I would put my pin on in the morning :rotfl:

We were encouraged by the CM's at the resort when we checked in to wear our anniversary buttons the entire week trip (we were there nine days) and we did so. I don't expect anything from Disney in doing so...I just like knowing that DH and I are celebrating a very special occasion to us at the most magical place.

I honestly can't believe this subject is controversial. :rotfl: It cracks me up that it burns some people so much that others get attention.

Live it up! Wear your buttons and be proud! :wizard:

You wear the button for as long as it makes you happy. :wizard:

Birthday buttons: I only wear this on the day of my birthday.
Anniversary/Just Engaged: The entire trip. :)

When DFiance and I were considering getting married at Disney, we decided that we would wear the Just Married button the entire trip.

Like others have said, I don't expect anything free or extra from Disney but the sweet comments and well wishes are worth those buttons!

I only wear it on the day of my anniversary. In DL I wore the 1st trip button 1 time. Never wore any other buttons. I know the kids wore the b-day buttons more than 1 day but heck they are kids.

When we went in 2006 my DH (then DF) told the guy at check in that I hadn't been to WDW since I was 8 years old in 1990. So the guy said "Well then since it has been so long this is really like her first visit." and he gave me a 1st visit button. I wore that button everyday!! I loved it, and he was right, 2006 was really like my first trip.

In Dec DH and I are going to celebrate our 1st Anniversary and I do plan to wear the button everyday. Our real Anniversary in Oct 3, but we always wanted to go for the holiday season so we postponed the trip so we could be there for the Christmas decorations. So really the whole trip is the celebration!

I didn't realize that this is a controversial subject, and I'm glad to see the thread hasn't headed that way! :)

My DD isn't getting a b-day party with the bells and whistles this year, we decided Disney is her b-day celebration (even though her b-day does not fall during the week we will be there). She can wear her button all week (and probably will), and I know she will love the attention. I'm excited for her!

I am turning 30 in Disney and I plan to wear my pin the whole time! The point of the trip is to celebrate so I am going to live it up! Do whatever makes you happy! :goodvibes

When I was at WDW for my birthday in 2006, I only wore my button one day and when I go in a few weeks, I will only wear my button the actual day of our anniversary (as a PP said, my DH will only wear it on the actual day). However, this has more to do with the button becoming physically annoying on my clothes rather than anything else. I say, enjoy your buttons and well-wishes, for as many days as you want!

Well,we are going in December to celebrate my DD 6th birthday.If she wants to wear it the whole week,I am letting her.This trip is her Bday present /party

We had our first trip to WDW last summer to celebrate our 25th weddding anniversary. We had been wating to do this trip for 25 years and it really was worth the wait, we had the most wonderful holiday of our lives together with our dd18 and ds13. We wore our pins for the whole trip and it was so wonderful being asked how long we had been married, getting lots of congrats and smiles. As we entered Epcot early one morning a CM stopped us, asked us how long and told us she had Mickey on the phone for us with a congratualtions message - that was pure magic! We are really hoping we can afford a return trip for our 30th.

I'm planning to wear the birthday button all week.

Some days it will end up on my bag instead of my chest, but it'll be there.

After a 5 year hiatus from the "World", I'll be going in January to celebrate my 30th birthday. I'm going two weeks before my actual birthday but I'm planning on wearing my pin everyday (or at least on my bag). I may pick one day and designate it my "birthday" and wear a special t-shirt. I feel a little guilty wearing a birthday pin for 7 days straight but heck, it's my 30th!!!

When we went for our first visit, my family wore our First Visit pins every day of our trip and had many people (not just CMs) ask us how we were enjoying our stay and the parks, etc. We appreciated the friendliness that was extended to us!

We haven't been to WDW during anyone's birthday or whatever since but my husband and I do have a trip planned in 5 years to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we will absolutely and without question wear a Happy Anniversary button the whole trip. We haven't celebrated an anniversary in years, saving up for this trip when the kids are old enough to stay somewhere without us for 7+ days. This anniversary trip represents probably 10 years of anniversaries for us. I don't expect any "free stuff"--I just want this particular anniversary acknowledged. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter