• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long do you usually stay at Disney when you go on vacation?

We usually go for 5 nights and 6 days, but we've been to WDW many times and skip attractions we don't care for so we do plenty in the time allotted. Our trip this December is for 6 nights and 7 days though, trying out an extra day so we can relax a little more.

Anywhere from 2 - 12 nights. We like to have one long trip in the summer, then we'll take a couple 4-7 night trips and a couple long weekends throughout the rest of the year.

We used to do 5-6 nights, but our last trip was 9 nights and it was great. We spent 5 days in the parks, the other days we went to Disney Springs and resort hopped.

Once a year anywhere from 10 to 14 days, flying from CT. This year will be the first time we vacation there more than once- 13 days in Feb/March, already booked 12 days in Aug/Sept and 11 days in Oct and will be booking Thanksgiving week and about 11 days mid-December. Our daughter is participating in the college program this fall so I am taking full advantage:D.

Our number of days have increased each trip. We will be going for 8 nights in January. I think no matter what, we will always be saying we wished we were staying for one more day. :-)

we have stayed 9 nights and we go a couple of times of years to save money on flights starting in feb of 2018 we are doing 14 night trip ounce a year

We usually stay 8 nights (Saturday - Sunday) but now that we are going to be buying DVC and seeing the point costs for Fridays and Saturdays, we'll probably be looking at Sunday - Saturday stays (6 nights) and using the points saved for a second trip or better accommodations. We are from NYC so nonstop flights are plentiful and easy to find around $300 (or less) without having to make any compromises with schedule, and 95% on our preferred airline.

We live in Illinois, are DVC members, and buy APs so try to get the most out of them. We typically stay 4-5 nights three or four times a year. Occasionally we do a big family/friend trip and stay 8-9 nights.

We come from California so we stay at least 11 nights. Our longest trip was in 2015 for 2 weeks. Our upcoming trip is 2 weeks also :woohoo:

My wife and I have really got into the DCL vacations and with few exceptions our only stays at WDW have been the night before our DCL trips with no visits to the parks. We have had one six night stay and one seven night stay at WDW.
But we were really starting to miss the parks so last December my wife and I stayed for three nights at POR in Alligator Bayou so we could do a day at MK and a day at AK. This year WDW is not in the plans and we already have a DCL Norwegian cruise vacation booked for next year so WDW is out for 2018 as well.
But we are pretty certain that 2019 will be an all WDW resort vacation and hope to do at least six nights so we can hit all the parks and for the first time ever make our way over to Universal Studios.

Last edited:
We have done as few as 3 and as many as 13, I think it was?

My fave is about 12 days.

10-11 nights for WDW. We only go about every couple years, so like to stay a long time. Plus, the math of it just makes sense - 10 day tickets are a good values when looked at per day & flights are a big expense for our family of 5 (so prefer longer trips less often). Finally, this way if someone gets sick (sadly we've had stomach bugs before) there's time to recover and enjoy.

minimum 7 nights at Disney but mostly like to stay 8 or 9 nights. and 1 or 2 nights at universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter