• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

Still waiting on my pts but really now I have gotten so use to waiting it doesn't bother me to wait to much longer. It'as the points that I would get that would bother me would they bank them in the 2013 or 2014 year not sure on that one?

If your UY is July or later you will get 2012 points (if they come through before July 1st) they would then bank them into 2013 UY. On the other hand say you have an Aug UY and the points come through Aug 3rd then you would only get 2013 points which would not have to be banked until March of 2014 and if you were to bank them they would then go into 2014 UY. Think of it as whatever your UY is Jan - June are all in 2013 UY points now - current points. July - Dec are currently in there 2012 UY current year for them. When you close on your contracts they come with current years points.

Took myself off the waiting list on Fri. for April BWV points. I know I was #4 on the list so hopefully someone else will get good news soon. Still holding out for awhile longer for VWL pts but if they don't come soon I may just use that money for something else. I don't like waiting!

Took myself off the waiting list on Fri. for April BWV points. I know I was #4 on the list so hopefully someone else will get good news soon. Still holding out for awhile longer for VWL pts but if they don't come soon I may just use that money for something else. I don't like waiting!
Hang in there! Luv isn't too keen on waiting, either, but she did and as you know, the WL finally came through. ;)

Thank you.. we have season passes to six flags so it keeps us pretty busy and we don't mind waiting. I can say this though when we do get them I will be jumping up and down with joy..

The closing costs on the resale 30-50 point contracts seem to be around $325. Is that close to what Disney charges for closing when buying direct on a similar sized contract?

I just paid 100 for 30 points so no resales people need to make money and the buyer ends up paying for it.

I just paid 100 for 30 points so no resales people need to make money and the buyer ends up paying for it.

That definitely does shrink the variance in direct vs. resale on the smaller contracts.....especially those that are stripped selling for close to $100.

Thanks for the info.

That definitely does shrink the variance in direct vs. resale on the smaller contracts.....especially those that are stripped selling for close to $100.

Thanks for the info.

Absolutely I try to tell everyone do the MATH!!!! Total cost divided by number of points and get a true PP number but do that with both direct and resale. Buyer does not necessarily have to pay closing in resale it is all in the negotiation.

I am just glad I bought BLT for 108.00PP no closing and had them split the contract into 60 point and 65 point direct! Guide told me prices would only go up from there - have to say I did not believe him. :sick:

Absolutely I try to tell everyone do the MATH!!!! Total cost divided by number of points and get a true PP number but do that with both direct and resale. Buyer does not necessarily have to pay closing in resale it is all in the negotiation.

I am just glad I bought BLT for 108.00PP no closing and had them split the contract into 60 point and 65 point direct! Guide told me prices would only go up from there - have to say I did not believe him. :sick:

Good deal on your BLT indeed. It will be interesting to see what direct prices will be a few years from now as I think they can only continue to go up.

The closing costs on the resale 30-50 point contracts seem to be around $325. Is that close to what Disney charges for closing when buying direct on a similar sized contract?

I paid $119 on a 50 point contract direct. It's one of the things I considered when deciding between direct and resale.

I paid $119 on a 50 point contract direct. It's one of the things I considered when deciding between direct and resale.

Is there a difference in closing costs if you are paying cash vs financing?

Congrats to all those who have gotten their points!

I'm seriously doubting we will ever see the 25 Oct UY BWV points we requested. According tho the ROFR thread, DVD hasn't taken back any BWV contracts priced over $70 and when I look at all of the big DVC resale sites there is only one contract priced at $70 right now and that is for a stripped 400 point contract with a March UY. All the rest of the contracts are priced at $80 or over. Fidelity even has one priced at $96.67 and one at $100!

I just don't see DVD ROFRing contracts at $80 or more. By the time they pay for the contract and closing costs, the profit margins wouldn't be worth their while.

Congrats to all those who have gotten their points!

I'm seriously doubting we will ever see the 25 Oct UY BWV points we requested. According tho the ROFR thread, DVD hasn't taken back any BWV contracts priced over $70 and when I look at all of the big DVC resale sites there is only one contract priced at $70 right now and that is for a stripped 400 point contract with a March UY. All the rest of the contracts are priced at $80 or over. Fidelity even has one priced at $96.67 and one at $100!

I just don't see DVD ROFRing contracts at $80 or more. By the time they pay for the contract and closing costs, the profit margins wouldn't be worth their while.
They get the most points back from foreclosure, so they are still reacquiring BWV contracts. Hang in there!

Is anyone on the WL for HH Aug UY points?

Don't worry about it they can take a 300 point contract and break it up. It took me 4 months to get 30 bwl points for sept use year. You will get them

Is anyone on the WL for HH Aug UY points?

Not Aug UY but Feb UY. Went on the waiting list for 60 points HH on March 19th and they came through June 13th. So about three months. I had checked with my guide two weeks before they came through and he told me a couple more months so was quite surprised to hear from him last week!:)

Just saw a 28 point vwl with no points until 2014 sell for 99 a point. I just paid 103 direct from Disney in march for 103 a point

Just saw a 28 point vwl with no points until 2014 sell for 99 a point. I just paid 103 direct from Disney in march for 103 a point

Sold in less than 30 minutes with $375 closing costs! At that price, I would prefer to buy direct. Where are the savings???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter