How long do you think it will take to add Frozen characters to princess meals?

Rapunzel makes somewhat regular appearances at CRT as of a few months back. We stayed for a long breakfast having coffee afterwards (and my bday cupcake) and saw 3 princess announcements. They rotated between snow white, jasmine, aurora, ariel and rapunzel. At first I thought she replaced snow white during the 2nd round but then she was back and so was rapunzel for the 3rd. Our CM confirmed.

Rapunzel isn't a regular at CRT. She might appear a few times a month at most. ;)

I would like to see a new meal of some kind with the Frozen crew. I don't think they'll be adding them into the meals anytime soon since they still don't have that many cast members "hanging out" with the sisters, and now thanks to Fairytale Hall changes, have a ton of friends of Aurora & Snow that aren't really doing much. Also I have a dreadful feeling that they'd end up kicking Aurora & Snow out of the meals for the sisters :(

Rapunzel isn't a regular at CRT. She might appear a few times a month at most. ;)

This is why I asked our server, I knew she filled in for missing princesses and snow white was missing during the second round. When snow white returned and so did Rapunzel I was curious. The server said she was there "much more regularly" nowadays. Of course she could have been wrong, I wont count that out. From what I could see it was almost as if she was used to give the others a break between sets and speed things along. So no, she isnt a full regular.

I always felt they were missing an opportunity here since Tiana owns a restaurant in her movie!

A CM at POFQ once told me that Disney had plans to open a Tiana's Place restaurant. It was supposed to be housed in the space where the former POFQ TS restaurant used to be (Bonfamilles?) Apparently plans made it all the way to the big wigs, but for some reason they got cut. I cannot remember the reason he gave for the squashed plans. Seems like the obvious location for that restaurant.

A CM at POFQ once told me that Disney had plans to open a Tiana's Place restaurant. It was supposed to be housed in the space where the former POFQ TS restaurant used to be (Bonfamilles?) Apparently plans made it all the way to the big wigs, but for some reason they got cut. I cannot remember the reason he gave for the squashed plans. Seems like the obvious location for that restaurant.

I don't think Disney is very interested in investing in the moderate resorts. They'd rather either pack more bodies into the value resorts or (far more likely) invest heavily into more timeshare units at the deluxe locations.

Read the whole thread. Many suggest Akershus and I agree it's a natural for A&E. Some have said there isn't a financial incentive for Disney, but I disagree. A&E Akershus would be a signature character dining event, requiring a higher price and 2 TS credits, just as CRT commands.

The vast majority of currently reserved seats for Akershus would squeal with delight at holding reservations to a photograph A&E event, and those that balked at the new, higher price tag would make A&E seekers very happy.

A&E Akershus would displace BOG as the most difficult ADR to get overnight, 2TS signature price or not.

Doesn't this seem like the obvious choice, on Disney's part? I would imagine that adding the Frozen queen & princess to the other princess character meals (i.e. Akershus, CRT) would greatly increase their revenue, instead of sticking to only meet & greets which are no extra fee aside from a park ticket.

I wonder what the hold up is and if it will ever happen? It seems like such an easy thing to add.

Does Rapunzel ever join the princess meals?

I have seen Rapunzel at CRT one time. I don't think she is consistently there, but I'm not sure.

I have to wonder if the TS at POR was why. Despite the resort being nearly full we didn't see many people in there. Since the resorts are so close and can share pools, etc. I could see there not being a ton of demand for another resto. But I bet if they at least switched over the POR resto to a Tiana meal that would really bring in business!

And it's such a gorgeous venue. I would also love an Alice themed character meal there.

I LOVE this idea!

I have to admit I'd feel a little lost visiting WDW without a stop at CRT. But I do love the secondary princesses too. I actually used to enjoy Akershus more when there was more variety. We used to always find Mulan there.

ITA. First time I did Akershus, Mulan was present. I also remember Belle in her blue and white dress being at CRT. Seems like Disney has really streamlined the princess meals.

Agree with all the comments about a princess meal at DHS. Although the theme doesn't fit per se, it would be a great way to get more people into DHS all day, especially families with little ones. Although I agree that Akershus makes more sense- it is Norway after all.....

WOW-$80's per person for breakfast??? :scared1:

And if we were there on 9/24 and I could book it, I would totally do it. It would be worth not dealing with FP+ and all the craziness at MK. Plus my daughter is Elsa obsessed. OBSESSED. Seeing her face would make the $$$$ totally worthwhile.

And if they ever put A&E into Akershus and made it a signature meal, I'd pay for that too!

I would pay good money for them to turn liberty tree into tiana's restaurant, and turn crystal palace into a character meal of the newest movies. Make that restaurant like Hollywood and Vine, but for movies instead of tv shows. Crystal palace hardly ever sells out, which is funny because I've found it to be one of the best TS restaurants for food in MK (second only to BOG.) Unheard of with a character meal.

I think their popularity has to go down a bit before they would do it (it took me 3 years of trying to get dinner at CRT, & when did THAT movie come out?!)

If you've ever done a character meal, you will note that when the characters get to your table, so do several of othe people's children! With waits for A & E being up to 3 hours, how likely do you think it is that your table would get rushed!?....i would think that there are safety concerns to consider, and no...there are plenty of families who completely forget their manners or have none to begin with when thier little princess wants something!:faint:
Sorry, but this makes zero sense. Historically, CRT dinner has always been the easiest meal to get. I have eaten at no less than 20 character meals (at least 4 a trip) and have never had other people's children run up to my table.

I would pay good money for them to turn liberty tree into tiana's restaurant, and turn crystal palace into a character meal of the newest movies. Make that restaurant like Hollywood and Vine, but for movies instead of tv shows. Crystal palace hardly ever sells out, which is funny because I've found it to be one of the best TS restaurants for food in MK (second only to BOG.) Unheard of with a character meal.

Crystal Palace always used to sell out… maybe not 180 days in advance, but 30 days out (when we usually plan our trips) it used to be a hard reservation to get.

Here's a thought. Tiana is an "American" princess, right? How about taking out the horrible fast food McDonald's type QS in the American Pavilion at Epcot and put Tiana in there for a buffet? They could do southern/cajun/creole dishes, with a smattering of other regional US things (blueberry pie, baked beans, maple creme brûlée to represent New England, for example!) for a more universal appeal. It HAS to be better than the QS stuff that represents USA food that's in there now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter