How Long do you think it will take for The Grand Floridian Villas to sell out?

We did a tour of the rooms yesterday. They are nice. Our guide said they did $8 million of sales on day one. That is insane.

We did the tour at VGF on Thursday, May 30, and the rooms are beautiful. But boy were we rushed through the tour. There was always someone else waiting to see it. Even though we were not touring with a group. I expect the frantic sales that are going on now will lessen in 4 - 6 months especially with price increases. Our guide for the tour confirmed that management is stating there will never be lower price for VGF even with the offers on cruise ships. They won't even give a better discount to CM's working for DVC.

The guaranteed week option was very popular but from what we were hearing it was mainly for December weeks. The two GV's allocated to guaranteed weeks 51 and 52 sold very quickly (Christmas and New Years). We were told one woman flew in from the UK to sign a contract for a GW for her family since they could not purchase by phone. Now that is a serious commitment.

I expect that the majority of the guaranteed weeks will never sell and those units will end up being sold strictly as points.

According to what MS told me, people in the UK could buy directly without flying in to the US :-) Seems like guides are trying to push the hype a bit...

True. I bought mine May 24 and was told they are so behind on the paperwork and for me not to expect it for 2-3 weeks

I got the call on 5/21/13 from my guide that they were starting the sales for VGF. :woohoo:Gave her my credit card. I called her on 05/24/2013 and she said my sale for 70 points had already been cleared. Got the paperwork on Tues. or Weds. (I wasn't home when it was delivered so not sure.) But she did say mine was one of the first to go through so that could be why I got my paperwork so fast. :thumbsup2
Nancy :cloud9:

I would expect the first month (likely DEC) sold out in 18 to 20 months. Full sell out 22 -26 months.

Thought I'd bump this up..
Fun to read what people thought and who was right..

There are currently only 2 UY left for sale ( August and December). This info comes for people who just purchased direct. I estimate VGF to be totally sold by Sept 2015 if not sooner. YMMV

When I added on a small contract a few months ago, they said its expected to sell out anyday. I'm assuming that means before the summer ends.

This morning, I received an e-mail from my guide stating that all original points would likely be sold by the end of the day tomorrow.

I just talked to my rep today. He said Grand Floridan is sold out!

Interesting, were you inquiring about a large number of points? I spoke to my guide late this afternoon and she said they still had March. I only added 50pts though and wasn't interested in March with my other contracts being Dec UY. Thankfully I called earlier in the week and got Dec. She also told me that they had several people purchase on a cruise last week and they they always get a good number of cancellations once people get home and the excitement wears off.

Maybe he was talking about December use year...? He said he was no longer selling and had a few wait listed and moving onto poly.....and they were still having a terrible time selling Hawaii

I too was told that it is fully sold out for "new buys" and that they are now only doing small add-on contracts buy request only of current owners (only in certain UY's apparently though)

Here are a couple indicators that DVD considers the Villas at Grand Floridian to be sold out: The Disney Vacation Club Quick Reference Guide no longer has a Pricing & Financing tab for VGF showing the price for the resort. Now, only the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and Aulani have Pricing and Financing tabs showing their prices. Also, VGF's page has been moved from the first section of the Reference Guide to the "More Disney Vacation Club Resorts" section along with the other sold-out resorts.

VGF's entry in the Reference Guide had a Pricing & Financing tab until a few weeks ago. I don't know when DVD removed it, but it must have been done recently. It seems to me that since DVD is no longer actively marketing VGF, it should be considered to be a "sold-out" resort.

Note: To access the Disney Vacation Club Quick Reference Guide, enter Welcome for the Username and Home for the Password.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter