How long do you stay?

We find 8 days, 7 nights works best for our family.

Less than this, we feel like we didn't have time to do all of the little things we like to do at the World.

More than 8 days, DD and DS start to get a bit restless.

Now if it was just me, I could likely stay a lot more days...... :rolleyes1

Been doing 10 days twice a year. But doing 4,10 and 6 right now. That could change if just DW and I are the only ones that go in Oct. Then we will change it to 9.

We typically go 8-9 nights each trip in a 2 bedroom.( 2 adult ,2 children).
This seems to be long enough we don't feel pressured to do the parks if we want to just have a pool day. I get the annual pass and make sure the 2 trips fit onto one pass.( 16-18 days on the pass).Last year the kids had off school the 3rd week of April ( Easter was the first) so we went for an additional 8 nighter so I got 27 days on my annual pass :banana: .I'll start the cycle over again this August when we go 19th-27th. I find it also helps keep the airfare down when you take longer trips and go less often. Who knows what my wife and I will do when the kids get older and it just the 2 of us.

our longest stay was ten nights 18 months ago...I would love to stay again in the future....the amount of time was perfect...I felt so relaxed...however, I have been in a point rut since that trip....

We have stayed for longer amounts each trip. Our first time down (3 years ago) we went for 10 nights. We split that between SSR and AKV. Last year we did 14 nights and split it up between OKW, AKV, and BLT. This year we are going for 21 nights and will split between AKV and VWL. We like the split stay because it feels like you're getting a totally new vacation each time you check into a new location. I'll admit that 3 spots last year was a bit much, but it was also fun to do. We go once a year so we have to pack as much into the single trip as we can since it has to hold us until the next summer!:rotfl:

We try to go for 10-14 nights. This summer, we are taking our second 2 week trip in 3 years. The flights are a big part of our expense (especially considering the rooms are paid for - DVC) so we try to make longer trips. 2 months ago we did go for a long weekend though so we could do a Christmas party. That was a good time even though it was a 3 day trip.

We normally do a ten day stay in Oct and a 5 day stay in March. Usually in March we take some freeloaders er.. family and friends down with us so that uses up our points quite nicely.

We just bought BLT last August and are very excited! Yesterday I booked an 11 day split stay for this coming August. We're doing 7 nights in a studio at VWL with the kids, then 4 nights just my husband and me at BLT. This is also the first time we're driving to FL, so it should be a great road trip! :banana:

If you are driving you might want to consider going over to Vero Beach, deluxe Inn room with ocean views, sleep with the doors open and listen to the ocean, very relaxing and beautiful.

Personally I would rather have several short stays during the year then 1 long stay.

We used to do this. We would visit 4 or 5 times a year for 5 to 7 nights, but with the kids now involved in sports, and airfare and rental car prices climbing, we have started doing 1 or 2 longer stays.

We usually do some kind of split though. In December, we split between two resorts. We did very little in the parks as we spent time with family for the holidays (in Tampa and Vero Beach).

In August, we are spending 5 nights at WDW and 7 nights on DCL. This will likely be what we will be doing from now on. 2 week stays kind of split up a bit between two different types of vacations.

Next summer, we are thinking Disneyland and Hawaii.

Boy, I really envy y'all. DH has a job where he can't take more than a week's vacation at a time. Hopefully, that will change in the next few years if he follows through with his promise to retire in about 3 years. For now, I often stay a few extra days after he leaves, of go solo, but even at that, I've never stayed more than 10 days total.
As far as how long you CAN stay, one time as I checked in to BCV, they told me that their policy was that no one can stay more than 30 days, and they jokingly threatened to throw me out if I tried to remain longer.

we generally stay for 2 week as have to come from UK, if I lived closer I would HAVE to add on!!

We stay 2 weeks each summer, and 6 days at March Break.

We've gone 1x at Christmas as well for approx. 8 days, but that was an out of the norm trip.

I am a teacher, so we are restricted in when we can travel, Tiger :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter