How long do you spend at each park?

bksomody

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
First time going to Universal and I do not know the parks at all. I'm traveling with DH, 3 adult kids, & an infant, we're staying at LPB.

On 3/24 we will use the extra hour in the morning, go back to the room for a break, and then go back to the park at night.
On 3/25 we will use the extra hour in the morning and stay all day at the park and then head over wdw to check into bcv around 5:00 and go to HS from 7:00-12:00.

I'm really not familiar with the parks at all and am not sure which one we will need more time at. Which park should I go to on 3/24 & which on 3/25? Will we be able to ride everything at the 2nd park by 4:00 or should I plan to stay longer or possibly return later & skip HS?

Thanks!

1. Have you considered upgrading to park to park tickets? That way you don't have to choose. :)
2. That's peak crowd with spring break. Be prepared for oodles of people. I don't know how often/ if it happens at Universal/ IOA but it happened to us at Disney over spring break- parks temporarily closed when they hit capacity. If you leave for a break, you might "give up your spot". If you can relax in the park instead, that'd be a good option. But, other posters can update on the likelihood of hitting capacity and what it means at US/ IOA.

Our family was more into the Universal side so my vote would be to do that park on day 1.

I think you need to go into it with flexibility about departing on day 2. If the crowds are miserable and you still have things you want to do, just stay longer. :)

1. Have you considered upgrading to park to park tickets? That way you don't have to choose. :)
2. That's peak crowd with spring break. Be prepared for oodles of people. I don't know how often/ if it happens at Universal/ IOA but it happened to us at Disney over spring break- parks temporarily closed when they hit capacity. If you leave for a break, you might "give up your spot". If you can relax in the park instead, that'd be a good option. But, other posters can update on the likelihood of hitting capacity and what it means at US/ IOA.

Our family was more into the Universal side so my vote would be to do that park on day 1.

I think you need to go into it with flexibility about departing on day 2. If the crowds are miserable and you still have things you want to do, just stay longer. :)
I know on rare occasions Disney would close. I've been watching and it seems like if they did close it was only temporary and they had different phases of closures.
I didn't think about the possibility of universal closing. We will have the EP so that will help with the crowds and getting on rides. I have a dinner reservation at HS so it's hard to be flexible. I will have a 3 day pass, I could come back another day if needed but I wouldn't have the ep :(

when i do short stays, i start early and stay in the park all day or until crowds build.
return in the early evening if park hours are up to 8 pm.
but my kids were 7, 8, 9 yo when we went in a high crowd period
they could last only so long each day before they got edgy.

long stays, in the park after the main crowds arrive, leave for lunch at city walk, return until early evening.

op, take advantage of the baby centers for a break in the daytime or anytime it is needed.
you might not have to leave to return to the hotel if a 30 minute break is enough for you and the family there.
this breaktime might work well for your group on the second day you are in the parks.

when i do short stays, i start early and stay in the park all day or until crowds build.
return in the early evening if park hours are up to 8 pm.
but my kids were 7, 8, 9 yo when we went in a high crowd period
they could last only so long each day before they got edgy.

long stays, in the park after the main crowds arrive, leave for lunch at city walk, return until early evening.

op, take advantage of the baby centers for a break in the daytime or anytime it is needed.
you might not have to leave to return to the hotel if a 30 minute break is enough for you and the family there.
this breaktime might work well for your group on the second day you are in the parks.

I didn't know about the baby center, we will definitely check that out on Friday since we won't have a room to go back to. I was wondering which park do you think we will need more time at? How long does it take to get to MK by car? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter