How long do you save for a Disney trip?

usually it takes me 3 years to save for a trip for my family of 3. last time (October 2013) it was 4 years because i so wanted to stay at POFQ. I will have enough saved by November 2016 for a trip staying at POP.

Hi everyone. I've been absent from posting for a while, but continually reading. I am going to WDW in December and Plan on having 75-80% of our "accrued" debt wiped out. There is a possibility it will be 100% by November, but Iam trying to leave a little room if I don't make the whole goal by then.
I usually book with the hopes of getting a discout of some sort (which has previously been free QS or Reg Din Plan). That is not really a concern anymore and we booked based on our curise dates.
The crusie was booked last summer and we added the onsite portion about three months ago. I will continue to keep an eye out for discounts since my dates aren't included in FD. I usually always get pins for my dates.
My spouse works crazy hours...like 5days/12hrs, 6/12, 5/10, or 6/10 and this usually rotates depedning on how "complete" the work is getting. When he is on 12 hours (5 or 6 days) I save as much as I can, pay off the entire trip and focus for 3 months on spending money, gas money, and last minute items.
I am looking forward to going on vacation kno vacation isn't digging us deeper. This will be the first one with most of our debt paid off.
I also realized that "balling out" on vacation is better than doing everything "big" while I am goito local functions. Instead of eating out 5 days a month, we cut it back to a "if we really want to" (1 or less a month) and add somewhere we want to eat in Disney.
I am going to follow your progress...it will help keep me on track. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter