How long do you have to wait to hear back from an offer?

stiej

Mouseketeer
We made an offer on BLT through one of the online resale companies. The contact person said they were submitting the offer and would get back to us asap. It has been over 24 hours and there are other resales we are interested if they don't accept our offer. How long do we wait before moving on? I emailed the resale agent to ask and she hasn't responded yet. Thanks for the advice. We are just excited and ready to get our DVC show on the road.

We made an offer on BLT through one of the online resale companies. The contact person said they were submitting the offer and would get back to us asap. It has been over 24 hours and there are other resales we are interested if they don't accept our offer. How long do we wait before moving on? I emailed the resale agent to ask and she hasn't responded yet. Thanks for the advice. We are just excited and ready to get our DVC show on the road.

Advice: Be patient. There are tons of resales that come and go. There will be another contract waiting for you if this falls through.

It took a little over a day for my offer to be accepted. My offer was slightly below the list price so it may not have been a difficult decision for the seller.

You are in the driver's seat. You have the $. If you want to move on, tell the broker you are rescinding your offer on the first contract and want to make one on another. There is no set time limit. BUT, if this is the contract you want, a couple days likely won't hurt you. There are lots of contracts out there and if this one falls through, another will come along.

We do like the offerings of this contract. I guess I was just spoiled in my expectations after seeing so many go so quickly reading here on the board. They were asking more than recent sales, so we did make a slightly lower per point offer than they were asking, so maybe they are thinking about it or thinking of how to counter. I will see what the agent says when she writes back. Thank you for your advice!

I always include in my offers that it is good for 24 hours. That way, after 24 hours, I am free to move on if I so choose. I do not like brokers and sellers who drag their feet waiting for other offers to choose from.

I always include in my offers that it is good for 24 hours. That way, after 24 hours, I am free to move on if I so choose. I do not like brokers and sellers who drag their feet waiting for other offers to choose from.

Ditto, I have done the same with my resell offers. OP, you can place any contingent on a contract as long as the seller signs off on it.

She wrote me back and said she hadn't heard anything from the sellers. I wrote her back and said that my offer was only good through 2pm est today and then we would be moving on. There had been a similar points package that we had considered as well and it is already sold. So, I think there is enough out there that waiting over 2 days to make a reply either accepting, denying or countering, is plenty. Thank you for your advice!

She wrote me back and said she hadn't heard anything from the sellers. I wrote her back and said that my offer was only good through 2pm est today and then we would be moving on. There had been a similar points package that we had considered as well and it is already sold. So, I think there is enough out there that waiting over 2 days to make a reply either accepting, denying or countering, is plenty. Thank you for your advice!

It's like selling a house, the seller doesn't have to respond for any number of reasons - they think you're low-balling, they're considering other offers, etc. Good luck..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter