How long do you general have to wait for Magical Express?

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I am considering using the Disney Magical Express and curious how long you generally have to wait to be picked up? Not quite understanding how this all works.

I will be flying in on Southwest, so I think I have to get my own luggage which I am fine with but lost on the rest of it.

Thanks

Kim

If you are referring to the trip back to the airport, they will tell you what time they will pick you up. It is usually about 2.75 to 3 hours before your flight.

As for your incoming flight, it really depends on how many planes filled with WDW travelers arrive at the same time you do!

Yikes, that could be a long time. When you book does anyone know if they tell you when you will be picked up or could you stand around waiting???

Thanks for the info.

Kim

Are you talking about arriving at MCO or returning to it?

For arrival at MCO, I have used DME 2x now. Both times, I have been checked in, on a bus, and on my way to the resort within 20 minutes of getting off the plane.

For departure from MCO, generally DME will pick you up 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight's departure time. This gives enough time to get everyone, and their luggage on the bus, and stop at another resort if neccessary. I would MUCH rather be cooling my heels at MCO than sitting in traffic stressing about missing my flight.

Hope this helps

You can use the yellow, bar coded, tags with any airline including SW. Your luggage will get pulled and "magically" delivered directly to your room. Participating airlines allow you to check your luggage at your resort for your return flight

The average time from landing to arrival at your resort is just over an hour. DME doesn't wait for buses to fill. At most you'll wait around 15-20 minutes before the bus is dispatched.

With DME, the reported average time from landing to resort is 70 minutes. This is very good time, about the same as the average for taking a car service.

The big time savings with DME is that you don't have to wait at baggage claim. That's right, OP, you read that right, NO BAGGAGE CLAIM. Doesn't matter which airline you fly, EVERYONE who flies into MCO and is a guest at a Disney owned-and-operated resort gets the full DME treatment upon arrival.

"Participating airline" only matters for the trip home. THAT'S when you'll have to bring your own luggage to the bus and then to the airport, because Southwest doesn't participate in Resort Airline Check-in (RAC).

So to repeat, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PICK UP YOUR OWN LUGGAGE. Just put the yellow tags on, and DME will do the rest.

Please do yourself a favor and read at least the first few posts in the sticky "What participating airline really means," in this forum.

The greatest variable is how long it takes YOU to get from your airplane to the check-in. I have made it from my seat on the airplane to the check-in desk at Pop Century in about 45 minutes. No kids, no stopping, no shopping, etc.!

Back on May 8, 2005, when DME was just an infant, it took me 53 minutes from getting into the DME line until being dropped off at CBR. If the walk from plane to line took maybe 10 minutes, then my time from plane to resort on that trip was 63 minutes, just over an hour.

On November 4, 2006, it took me exactly 56 minutes from exiting plane to being dropped off at POFQ.

I timed it both times because, much to my wife's chagrin, I like being a good "reporter" for message boards.

I timed it both times because, much to my wife's chagrin, I like being a good "reporter" for message boards
:lmao:

LOL because DH accuses me of taking notes to share with my imaginary friends :confused3 :rotfl:

Hockeychic said:
Yikes, that could be a long time. When you book does anyone know if they tell you when you will be picked up or could you stand around waiting???

Thanks for the info.

Kim

Last week we just missed getting on the bus in front of us. (It was full) It was maybe 10 min before another bus had pulled up and was starting to load. I think the longest part of the trip was waiting for everyone to go to the bathroom when we got off the plane. We were at WL within about an hour from when our flight arrived.

We waled from our plane, had a potty stop, walked thru the check in line and went right to the bus. The bus left with in a few minutes and we were at CR (which was the 3rd stop) with in an hour of getting off the plane. I was amazed! Our bus driver said the time from the airport was 32 minutes.

Hi Hockeychic,

We flew into MCO last week via Southwest (just got back last night). Anyway, we stayed at SSR and only waited about 20 minutes for the bus to fill up and we were on our way to WDW. We used the yellow tags for our luggage so they "magically" appeared in our room a few hours later.

The return trip via Disney's Magical Express was pretty easy too. They usually pick up about 3 hours prior to your departure time. Which worked out well since we had to check our bags at Southwest and they were very busy yesterday. And Security had a long line too, but getting to the airport in plenty of time (thanks to ME) we had an hour to spare at the gate.

Good luck on your trip! Hope you have great weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter