How long do you expect to wait for a bus?

How often do you expect DVC busses to run at your DVC resort?

• I dont expect to wait at all. When 1 bus leaves, I expect another to be pulling up.

• I think busses should run at least every 10 min to my DVC resort

• I think busses should run at least every 15 min to my DVC resort

• I think busses should run at least every 20 min to my DVC resort

• I think busses should run at least every 25 min to my DVC resort

• I think busses should run at least every 30 min to my DVC resort

• I think busses should run at least every 30-45 min to my DVC resort

• I dont ride busses.

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are most likely to run every 20 to 30 minutes, but they are not on a set schedule. The drivers make their runs and then are dispatched to wherever the dispatchers have determined they need a bus next.

If I have to wait awhile, I'm assuming I just missed one. Anything more than 30 minutes is excessive, especially when you want to go to MGM and 3 Epcot buses have just gone by.

I voted for 15 minutes. This past December was the 1st time we didn't have a car. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes for any bus - the Magical Express included. We stayed at BWV - so we walked to MGM and Epcot.

We found that a lot of people would not get on a bus if they could not sit down - so we would crawl under the ropes and get on the bus and stand. I think that may have saved us a lot of time. But you needed to be alert when the bus arrived. Often times the back of the line would not realize there was standing room left on the bus.

We're never in much of a hurry, but still I would prefer reasonable wait-travel times to reach a destination. I've seen instances where traveling less than 10 miles can take close to an hour of total time. ( thankfully, that's not the norm yet ) Whether I'm on vacation or not, that seems a little excessive.

Pickups every 20 minutes would be fine with me.

bobbiwoz said:
I voted for 20 minutes, I feel lucky when it's shorter, but in most cases, we're not put out with longer waits. There's just the 2 of us, and I think even 20 minutes is long when you're waiting with youngsters. I remember waiting with our sons, and I think it's a miracle they both survived to adulthood. They thought that torturing each other was what you did while you waited for buses.

Bobbi
So they do survive to adulthood? That's a relief. I would have thought you were talking about my boys! ;) We were at SSR two weeks ago, and those 20-minute waits for the buses seemed like hours! First, one son would tip the other's hat off. Then the other would sneak a loser sign--it goes on.

I didn't answer the poll, because its not so simple in my brain.

When I need to get someplace, I WANT the bus to be there when I walk up. It isn't a realistic expectation, but that is what I want. Hence the "lets grab a taxi" attitude.

When I'm not in a hurry (and the kids aren't being intolerable), I find the 20 minutes between buses to be reasonable for a service that is being included in my dues or hotel bill. 30 minutes is not.

I am disappointed when the 20 minutes posted turns out to be 30, and three Animal Kingdom buses go by while we are waiting for one for the Magic Kingdom.

I didn't used to care too much (20 minutes or so wasn't bad) but I'm nervous about this trip - we're bringing our 2 year old for the first time and I'm sure those bus stop waits will seem much longer!

I have no problem waiting 15-20 min. I think that is very reasonable. One morning at OKW in Dec we waited 45min at 9am for a bus to MK I thought that was ridiculous, especially since every other park bus came twice.

Maybe I'm just lucky but with the exception of closing times I can't remember ever waiting more than 20 minutes, even when kids were kids and we had to go in the summer. Speaking of buses I can't help but vent a little, whatever happened to the practice of young healthy men and boys giving there seats to women and elderly.

We always rent a car. A big one. Usually a 12 passenger van. With 6 kids (plus often gmas, gpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) we ARE the bus!

I voted for 15 min., especially in the very early A.M. hours (early entry)...if you're getting up @ that un-godly hour on vacation, you should expect to be delivered to the park gate in a timely fashion.

No complaints w/WL service, the boat always seemed to be waiting for us.:)

1st trip coming up to BWV...appreciate that you can walk to Int. Gateway but, still wish they'd run an A.M. bus to the front gate for EMH's.

As for AS, their saving grace is the efficiency of the bus service.

We've always rented a car but, rarely use to drive to parks in an attempt to avoid the additional shuttle ride.

One thing you do have to remember with bus service from OKW to MK is that MK is the farthest park from OKW. Like others have said - if they are loading a wheelchair or scooter, or two like we encountered getting on a bus at OKW that does take time. And depending on where you are at OKW it can take 20 minutes just getting around the resort (with wheelchair loading/unloading). I picked 20 minutes because I don't think I've ever waited longer than that - and that was at peak time of the year.

Now one thing we did encouter on this last trip was when the bus came up to the stop and we were the only people waiting for a bus and we were waiting for an MK bus (this was like 1pm in the afternoon). The bus pulled up and before we had a chance to stand up pulled away - didn't open the door, didn't stop - just rolled. I was ticked. We could have walked up to the Hospitality House but didn't because we were very tired. Another one was right behind that one anyway.

I voted 20 minutes as a general rule, with over 30 minutes being excessive. As a side note, there should also be a limit IMHO on the number of resorts serviced by one bus! We have had problems with slow buses/full buses staying at bc when the same bus picked up at swan/dolphin, yc, bc and bw! swan/ dolphin should be on their own at the very least, in my opinion. No other group of resorts has 5 on same route! I heard they have fixed this, I hope so because we encountered some very long 45 min plus waits / overfilled buses esp. for dtd last summer due to this routing!

crisi said:
When I need to get someplace, I WANT the bus to be there when I walk up. It isn't a realistic expectation, but that is what I want.

When I'm not in a hurry, I find the 20 minutes between buses to be reasonable for a service that is being included in my dues or hotel bill. 30 minutes is not.

I am disappointed when the 20 minutes posted turns out to be 30, and three Animal Kingdom buses go by while we are waiting for one for the Magic Kingdom.

Well said and I agree.

I know the signs say "approximately" every 20 minutes, but anything over that and I start getting antsy.

And the phenomenon that others have mentioned of 2 or 3 buses coming in those 20 and over minutes for every park except the one you're waiting for really burns my brownies :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter