How long do movies play on board?

engle

DIS Veteran
Do you think OZ will still be playing at the end of May? How long do movies usually run on board?

It will prob play for months and months - its their BIG blockbuster - other big blockbusters run for a year sometimes it seems!

engle said:
Do you think OZ will still be playing at the end of May? How long do movies usually run on board?

I'm pretty sure it will still be playing in the Buena Vista theatre, but by the end of May most likely not as the "big" movie in the WDT. That will in all likelihood be Iron Man 3.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I don't mind which theatre but I LOVE seeing movies on board and I don't want to go see it at home if I think it will still be playing!!!

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure it will still be playing in the Buena Vista theatre, but by the end of May most likely not as the "big" movie in the WDT. That will in all likelihood be Iron Man 3.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Don't they only play Disney produced films?? Is this one Disney??

Don't they only play Disney produced films?? Is this one Disney??

Assuming that you are asking about Iron Man 3. Yes, this is the first Marvel movie produced since they were bought by Disney, and Disney is listed as the US distributors on IMDB. They show anything they produce or distribute. There will be almost certainly be a huge premiere on all of the ships for both this one and for Oz.

Is there any way to find out what movies will be playing onboard? We're sailing on the Fantasy April 13.

We have sailed 6 months apart (Dec-June) and the same movies were playing. Last sailing (Sept) we missed Finding Nemo 3D by one day and it's playing on our upcoming cruise this week. You can call the 1-800 number and they will tell you what is playing on your cruise. We typically do it two weeks before.

I called the movie line last week (we are sailing on the Fantasy on 3/23/13) and I was told the following list of movies should be on our cruise: Oz (premieres 3/8); Muppets, Chimpanzee; Avengers; Brave; People Like Us; Odd Life of Timothy Green; Nemo; Frankenweenie; Lincoln. there was one more film- but I somehow missed it. If anyone calls this week- can you please post? thanks!

The one you missed is most likely Wreck it Ralph, which was on the Dream on the 2/14 cruise along with most of the rest of your list.

800 number? There is an 800 number to ask about which movies will be playing on board? May I please have it? Or am I having a 55 year old moment and it is the 800 number to book a cruise? Thank you.

Hi fellow Mainer Karen! I'm so excited about the timing of the Oz release! I've been looking forward to this movie for more than year - even better that we'll get to see it on the Fantasy!

I'm also excited about seeing OZ we'll be on the Fantasy this Saturday so we'll get to see the premEAR on 3/8. My kids are so excited!!!

The number is in the FAQ sticky at the top of the board. There is a LOT of great information in there, so I'll let you guys look in there for yourselves to find it.

:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter