How long do movies play on board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by engle, Feb 27, 2013.

1. engle

engle DIS Veteran

Do you think OZ will still be playing at the end of May? How long do movies usually run on board?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

It will prob play for months and months - its their BIG blockbuster - other big blockbusters run for a year sometimes it seems!

4. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure it will still be playing in the Buena Vista theatre, but by the end of May most likely not as the "big" movie in the WDT. That will in all likelihood be Iron Man 3.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. engle

engle DIS Veteran

I don't mind which theatre but I LOVE seeing movies on board and I don't want to go see it at home if I think it will still be playing!!!

Thanks!!

6. engle

engle DIS Veteran

Don't they only play Disney produced films?? Is this one Disney??

7. cwdefouw

cwdefouw DVC Member since 1999

Assuming that you are asking about Iron Man 3. Yes, this is the first Marvel movie produced since they were bought by Disney, and Disney is listed as the US distributors on IMDB. They show anything they produce or distribute. There will be almost certainly be a huge premiere on all of the ships for both this one and for Oz.

8. pritbuggs

pritbuggs Earning My Ears

My kids will love the movies.

9. blanders76

blanders76 Earning My Ears

Is there any way to find out what movies will be playing onboard? We're sailing on the Fantasy April 13.

10. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

We have sailed 6 months apart (Dec-June) and the same movies were playing. Last sailing (Sept) we missed Finding Nemo 3D by one day and it's playing on our upcoming cruise this week. You can call the 1-800 number and they will tell you what is playing on your cruise. We typically do it two weeks before.

11. Jacob's Mom

Jacob's Mom Earning My Ears

I called the movie line last week (we are sailing on the Fantasy on 3/23/13) and I was told the following list of movies should be on our cruise: Oz (premieres 3/8); Muppets, Chimpanzee; Avengers; Brave; People Like Us; Odd Life of Timothy Green; Nemo; Frankenweenie; Lincoln. there was one more film- but I somehow missed it. If anyone calls this week- can you please post? thanks!

12. LVaughn

LVaughn DVC and Gold Castaway Club

The one you missed is most likely Wreck it Ralph, which was on the Dream on the 2/14 cruise along with most of the rest of your list.

13. Jacob's Mom

Jacob's Mom Earning My Ears

thank you.popcorn::

14. DisneyWhirled

DisneyWhirled DIS Veteran

Hi Beth! Fellow Mainer here who will be cruising with you on the 13th! We are looking forward to Oz, Lincoln and Wreck-It-Ralph.

15. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

800 number? There is an 800 number to ask about which movies will be playing on board? May I please have it? Or am I having a 55 year old moment and it is the 800 number to book a cruise? Thank you.

16. blanders76

blanders76 Earning My Ears

Hi fellow Mainer Karen! I'm so excited about the timing of the Oz release! I've been looking forward to this movie for more than year - even better that we'll get to see it on the Fantasy!

17. Mandersons04

Mandersons04 Mouseketeer

I'm also excited about seeing OZ we'll be on the Fantasy this Saturday so we'll get to see the premEAR on 3/8. My kids are so excited!!!

18. LVaughn

LVaughn DVC and Gold Castaway Club

The number is in the FAQ sticky at the top of the board. There is a LOT of great information in there, so I'll let you guys look in there for yourselves to find it.

:duck: