How long did you wait for your engagment pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right not all photographers take 100% pictures but saying they have no ability and skills is shooting words on a personal level...

I agree if Randy is not for her than go ahead and get someone else but to bash him on a personal level is harsh....

I said he didn't display it in our photos. I also said that he was not professional with me at all. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but I wouldn't want to work with a vendor like that.

I have one question, why is it ok for other brides to be critical of Disney's photography but not Randy? Isn't everyone on this board entitled to their own opinions? I have seen bashing of DFTW, Disney photographers, florists, etc. but nobody seems to have a problem with that. When someone has a critical opinion about Randy everyone flips out. Just because some people like their pictures doesn't mean the entire DFTW population has to as well. I can see the points about being critical in public but isn't that what this board is as well as the entire internet? If this is a place for people to discuss their weddings, I think both positive and negative comments should be discussed.

You know what I am done, you are out of your mind with what you think is so bad about Randy, you obviously have no clue about photography and quality work. I wish your DF good luck dealing with you. I am glad you cancelled Randy because now he can focus on us brides who love his work and can appreciate his style.

Wow, there is no reason to be so completely RUDE about this issue! Saying she has no taste concerning photography? Low blow. I am sure you hardly know the girl! She just so happens to have a best friend who is also a photographer who agrees, Randy's work was not up to par. Have you been reading both this thread AND her planning journal? She did not make a general opinion after seeing just five photos, she kept an open mind. She hoped for the best. But considering the first photo on the CD was so blurry? Yeah, not good.

She claimed Randy was acting unprofessional because, guess what, he was! He would not return her phone calls or e-mails.I can understand if the man is busy photographing weddings, 'tis the season. But he should really put up an automated message saying, "Hey, I'm busy doing artsy fartsy stuff, I'll get back to you later." That would have helped the situation immensely. What else was unprofessional? He did not even look at her photos before they were sent out! If you were selling a product such as photography, wouldn't you check over your work before sending it out? Wouldn't you be the least bit curious how all of the photos turned out?

She was not expecting all of her photos to be edited, no one expects that. But there should be some sort of standard Randy applies to his photos before sending them out.

Sadly, I have to go to class right now, but damn Mandy, I am angry for you! Time to go be happy in my world of science! ;)

I have one question, why is it ok for other brides to be critical of Disney's photography but not Randy? Isn't everyone on this board entitled to their own opinions? I have seen bashing of DFTW, Disney photographers, florists, etc. but nobody seems to have a problem with that. When someone has a critical opinion about Randy everyone flips out. Just because some people like their pictures doesn't mean the entire DFTW population has to as well. I can see the points about being critical in public but isn't that what this board is as well as the entire internet? If this is a place for people to discuss their weddings, I think both positive and negative comments should be discussed.

Toni, I find it fine for her to make 100 comments about her pictures and that she did not like this or that but when you say someone has no ability to shoot a wedding and many brides here do have pictures from him.. That they have spent good money for, I think it is wrong!!

I have been trying to stay out of this, but you guys just don't know when to quit beating a dead horse! I'm all about "People have their own opinions", that's what makes our country great, however when it borders on slander, that's another thing.

Yes, I think they did. I know for a fact one of them did.

You like him I get it, you're happy with him, that's great. Others have their opinion, they're allowed.

No need to bash her and get nasty because she has her opinion. She's allowed, just like you.

And you just did what?

as long as they're being discussed as adults and in a way that is not detremental to someone's profession. Do you really think if Randy's photography was crap that the enormous numbers of people who use him would be doing so? Really?

Wow, there is no reason to be so completely RUDE about this issue! Saying she has no taste concerning photography? Low blow. I am sure you hardly know the girl! She just so happens to have a best friend who is also a photographer who agrees, Randy's work was not up to par. Have you been reading both this thread AND her planning journal? She did not make a general opinion after seeing just five photos, she kept an open mind. She hoped for the best. But considering the first photo on the CD was so blurry? Yeah, not good.

She claimed Randy was acting unprofessional because, guess what, he was! He would not return her phone calls or e-mails.I can understand if the man is busy photographing weddings, 'tis the season. But he should really put up an automated message saying, "Hey, I'm busy doing artsy fartsy stuff, I'll get back to you later." That would have helped the situation immensely. What else was unprofessional? He did not even look at her photos before they were sent out! If you were selling a product such as photography, wouldn't you check over your work before sending it out? Wouldn't you be the least bit curious how all of the photos turned out?

She was not expecting all of her photos to be edited, no one expects that. But there should be some sort of standard Randy applies to his photos before sending them out.

Sadly, I have to go to class right now, but damn Mandy, I am angry for you! Time to go be happy in my world of science! ;)

I do not think Donald's Girl was RUDE...I think she's had about all of this she can stomach...If Mandy has decided to go another route...SO BE IT! Shut up about it and go on about your business. You've had your 15 minutes of fame bashing a well-known, award-winning photographer. I worked with Randy, (we were never able to get together) and I never had any un-professional dealings with him. It's just time to MOVE ON!

You've had your 15 minutes of fame bashing a well-known, award-winning photographer. I worked with Randy, (we were never able to get together) and I never had any un-professional dealings with him. It's just time to MOVE ON!

Really?? That's what you think this is?? If someone else had posted about their experience with Randy earlier, we may have thought twice about booking him. It's great that none of you had an un-professioanl experience with him, but I did. And just because you say so, doesn't make our experience go away. I gave a true account of what happend to us. If you don't like it, don't read the thread.

I just have one more question for you then Mandy....If you hate your pictures, and they are of such bad quality, then WHY are you using one for your avatar?

DONE!

I just have one more question for you then Mandy....If you hate your pictures, and they are of such bad quality, then WHY are you using one for your avatar?

DONE!

:lmao:

BECAUSE we liked a few of them...I have posted that about a million times. There was between 10 and 15 I liked. PLUS, WE paid for them...I can do whatever I want. Just because I posted one picture we liked doesn't make any of this go away!

Toni, I find it fine for her to make 100 comments about her pictures and that she did not like this or that but when you say someone has no ability to shoot a wedding and many brides here do have pictures from him.. That they have spent good money for, I think it is wrong!!

I feel ya Vanessa. You know I love ya! :hug: I don't remember seeing anything said about him not having the ability to photograph weddings. I am sure he has been doing it for years and does have the ability.

as long as they're being discussed as adults and in a way that is not detremental to someone's profession. Do you really think if Randy's photography was crap that the enormous numbers of people who use him would be doing so? Really?

No. I am sure they enjoy his style but that doesn't mean everyone does. I thought his earlier work was actually pretty good. Now, it seems to be a different style. I don't happen to like it but if someone else does, and they are happy with their pictures, that is fine. Maybe he is going for a new style of photography. Who knows. :confused3 I didn't see anything slanderous about what was being said but perhaps I missed that part if it was spoken somewhere else. I just thought I saw her saying she didn't like the pictures and she felt he was unprofessional.

Everyone just SHUT UP already!!! I tried not to say anything but you people need to be shoved off of your high horses! She did not like her photos everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Randy did not treat her in a professional way and that would make anyone unhappy! If it wasn't Randy she was talking about none of you would care one bit that she was complaining. You all have this weird love for the man and it is like she is saying one of your family members has taken bad photos. Get over it!!! This whole thing just pisses me off...:mad:

I think that everyone is entitled to thier own opinions....But I think that the way the OP made is sound was that Randy was not a skilled photographer and couldn't take good pictures, but stating this it insulted the brides whos pictures he did take, almost like saying that his pictures were crap. I think that is where alot of these hurt feeling came from. Brides took it as a personal attack on them that Randy's pictures sucked, like thier pictures suck.

I do agree if you were not happy with your pictures then you should not have this photographer take your wedding pictures. They are imporant and you should be happy. If you arnt then it is best todo something about it.

Now since none of the pictures were edited, did randy say that it was a mistake that your disks were sent out too soon? I do this it was professional to offer to try and fix them, and to offer another shoot or whatever. But if you weren't happy then the trust won't be there and you can't just hope that you pictures turn out for the wedding, I would be a wreck all day.

I was wondering if you had uploaded them all to a site like flickr or photobucket where you could share the album. The ones I saw were not bad, maybe not your style, but I think you had some nice ones. With you being unhappy about your make up and hair I am sure it is hard to see past that on all of the pictures. I know if there was a flaw I would not be able to look past that to actually see the picture!

Make sure when you book your next photographer you give them a list, or samples of exactally what you want. That is what I did with my Magic Kingdom Photos and I got lots of good ones! That being said, I had a Magic Kingdom and Epcot shoot and about 300 pictures, there were maybe 30 I loved. That is like 10%....You can't like them all. Also pictures I hated because I didn't think I looked right in them other people liked because they see them differantly then I do. So just remember you will only love love a few of them. I hear all the time that my Magic Kingdom Pictures were great, but I have a whole pile of ones I don't like.

Good Luck!

oh my god, are we really getting nasty about a person giving an opinion about a photographer? really? Somebody bashed the mighty Randy, get over it. I read so many posts destroying the Disney photographers and no one person took that as a personal dig.

While I agree with people who said that not ever pic is going to be loved, I would change photographers just based on phone calls,emails not being returned.If you then add that to the fact you didnt love most of the shots then , absolutely get a new person for your wedding,if not for the peace of mind on your wedding day. I read all the posts, and for the most part, she said the guy was nice, didnt say anything that was out of line in my opinion. For you Randy lovers out there, why cant you calk it up to Randy having a bad day and move on. There is no need to kill Mandy for feeling the way she does.

And for the person who said you feel bad for her husband, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. who the hell are you to say such a thing.

Randy took our engagement photos and let me just say I did not book him to shoot our wedding after that.. I didn't even care about the money lost. Let me just tell you it was the best decision I have ever made. I flew in a photographer and our photos are some of the best I have seen.

I am not going to comment on Randy's skill level because I think he is somewhat talented, not great, but not the worst... I think it all comes down to his consistency. Some couples get great photos, great attention, returned emails and phone calls etc. while others get crap. He has no set standards for his product. He edits when he feels like it and that wasn't ok with me. There should be a set standard.

I think the op can say his work is crap because for her, it was crap. We are most critical of ourselves and so it probably seems worst for her. She's entitled to her opinion. It sucks to look at someone else's photos who turned out great and then get your photos back and they aren't even close. She's disappointed.

As the OP question has been asked and answered, I am locking this thread. Please remember to play nice. Not everyone has the same experience with every vendor. There is no reason to get nasty if you difference of opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter