How long did you stay at DC?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty sure they are open till 5, right? How many of you that have gone stay the full time? Or do you feel that you've seen enough by 3 or so? We will be going next July and plan on getting there before it opens and hopefully booking an early dolphin swim. It will be my son's birthday, and I would like to book the birthday cruise at WDW for him in the evening (we will be staying at BWV). While I would like to make a fun dinner ressie, I'm thinking that would be too much and we would be cutting it too close if we stay the full time at DC. However, if we feel that day at DC is "complete" earlier, then we might still have time for a nice dinner. Our other option is to eat back at the villa. What do you think? Schedule a dinner or skip it?

Not been there yet, but I am planning an entire open/to close day at DC...

I obviously dont want to miss anything, and take the time to appreciate everything, not just the dolphin swim.
We are going to attempt to book an early dolphin swim as well.

They will have to boot us out! And all the literature I read said it closes at 530...

Personally I would skip it, this of all the overstimulation.. I would a) feel rushed at DC, and not be able to absorb everything b) gone on the cruise thinking "Hey I wish i spent more time at the aviary or the lazy river"

Would you also be tired from swimming, snorkeling all day? We are planning nothing that night!

We got there about 15 minutes after they opened, we left about 3:00. I could have used more time there, but the rest of the family was done and wanted to go back to the hotel.

Maybe you guys can help me with this question...

I had gone on the discovery cove web page and tried to make a reservation and found that in order to make a reservation at least one in your party has to reserve a swim with the dophins - is this true?

We had gone last October and both my husband and I did the dolphin swim and enjoyed it but this time around, wanted to go just for a day of relaxation.

Any thoughts?

Thats seems odd, because I know that there is a non dolphin swim package as well.

I would call that 800 number on the website and ask them that...

You need to call their toll-free # to make just non-dolphin package reservations...the way the web site is set up, you can't select 0 dolphin packages. Hmmm.....

Thanks for the responses! I think we will probably just plan a low-key dinner in the room, then head off to the cruise. I'm sure we will all be pretty tired, so this should be a nice way to finish off the day!:earsboy:

Yes, you need the enitre day at DC.

It takes a while to get all your snorkling gear, locker, spot on the beach, sun tan lotion on, and then figure out where everything is.

Don't worry if you don't get an early Dolphin swim. No matter when your time is, everyone gets to kiss the dolphin, touch them, and everyone gets a ride to the shore. Everyone gets equal time and they use different dolphins during the day, so your dolphin will be ready to do tricks and do exactly what the trainer tells it to do.

You're there to relax, not watch the clock.

We stayed until 5pm. You can get done around 3pm, If you're really enjoying everything, then you could stay until 5pm. I was ready to go around 4pm, and the kid wanted to keep swimming in the coral reef area, I had to drag her out of there, she didn't want to leave. These fish kept swimming near her feet and she started calling them her "friends." Most people start to leave around 3pm, then by 5pm it's a ghost town.
You'll want to return to your room and crash, you'll be tired after swimming all day. Clean up in your hotel room, then you can go have dinner, and then you'll go to bed early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter