How long did you stay at DC?

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if most people stay full day to closing (around 5 pm'sh I think) or a half day (ie leave after lunch sometime)

Has anyone ever tried arriving later around 10am'sh?

FYI...We would be going in late April

Thx for any info/advice

IMHO, Discovery Cove is an all day park. You can easily fill the time from open to close with all the things they have to do.

We have been twice....once on January 1st, 2012 with the dolphin swim and once on August 29th, 2012 without the dolphin swim (but with a cabana). Both visits, we arrived just shortly after 8 and stayed until between 4:30 and 5 pm. And in both instances, time passed way too quickly.....you will be amazed at how fast a "relaxing" day goes by.

You can check out my two trip reports (see links in my signature below) for lots of info and photos on the different attractions at the park.

Also, you don't say if you plan on doing the dolphin swim or not. If you are, be aware that a late arrival will put your swim very late in the afternoon. Swim times are assigned as you arrive, so the earlier you get there the earlier your swim will be.

Agree all day .... And it goes fast and you will want more! It's by far the best $$ we have spent! Even if you bypass the dolphin swim, you can see those that are doing it. It's an amazing thing to see even from the sidelines!!

We stayed the entire day (and beyond)!!! The posted closing time is basically the time that the attractions close. Guests may stay in the water until that time, then you may gather your things, shower, etc. This is what we did and we were never rushed out of the park by any employee. We swam until closing, showered, then purchased pictures. We did not take the time during the day to view, select and purchase pictures because we wanted to make the most of the attractions that we paid so much money for. I would recommend staying the whole day as many people do choose to leave early and the end of the day was less crowded.

For the amount of money I would never, ever leave before it closes if I could help it. We get there at 8am where even though it isn't officially open, you can go in, eat breakfast and find the best base for your family. Any later than 10 I would say the available seats left aren't the best. Then of course we stay till 5- there is plenty to do at DC and I just wouldnt spend all that money if you weren't getting the most value out of it :)

For the amount of money I would never, ever leave before it closes if I could help it. We get there at 8am where even though it isn't officially open, you can go in, eat breakfast and find the best base for your family. Any later than 10 I would say the available seats left aren't the best. Then of course we stay till 5- there is plenty to do at DC and I just wouldnt spend all that money if you weren't getting the most value out of it :)

Thanks, good to know. So you can go in have breakfast, get beach location etc. before the official opening time - is this correct? Thx

PetePanMan said:
Thanks, good to know. So you can go in have breakfast, get beach location etc. before the official opening time - is this correct? Thx

Yup- pretty sure- this is what myself and many others do. It's best to get the most time in this amazing place and means you can spend more time in the water:)

'Til we were kicked out. We had a cabana right on the Grand Reef and DD was one of about 5 people still swimming around when the lifeguards blew the whistle and said "time to go" :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter