• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did it take to receive your PhotoPass + preorder package?

CateinPhoenix

DIS Veteran
I procrastinated and want to purchase for our upcoming trip. I seem to remember it took 5-7 days to receive it in the mail from when I ordered it (last trip). In another post (that I can't find) someone mentioned it comes from the East Coast? It has never take the full two weeks to receive it and I'm thinking of taking the chance to save the $30. We leave in 6 days. If we don't use it this summer we can use it in the fall.

Here is an excerpt from the shipping notification form I received on July 1st for my PP+ order. (I haven't received mine yet, but expect to any day now :-))

"Your order is complete and has been shipped to the requested delivery address.

Mail or Airmail orders have an expected delivery time of 7-10 days, with a maximum of 14 business days from the time the order is shipped.

For Express Shipping, you will receive the order 3-5 business days - with an expected delivery time of an additional 1-2 days depending of where you are located and the time the order is shipped.

We are not responsible for delivery delays due to weather."

I live in WA and I think mine took over a week. If you are going back in the fall then I would take the chance at ordering now since you could use it later.

I live in Texas and received mine about four days after I ordered. This was back in June.

I ordered ours on 28 June, received the shipping notification email on 30 June, and it arrived today.

I am having this same problem. I am trying to decide if the regular price is worth it, since I missed the order window.

I am having this same problem. I am trying to decide if the regular price is worth it, since I missed the order window.

It would depend on what you want to get out of it. If you really want the ride photos, or the photo package from the character meals, then it might be worth it. Otherwise, I believe ordering the CD of the photos after your trip is the same price as the prepaid pp+. So, if it is just the photos you want, then you can wait and order it when you get home.

Thanks everyone! I took a chance and pre-ordered it. We love photopass and usually end up with over 300 pictures and ride photos etc. I will still spend the $99 on site if it doesn't arrive in time. That way I can actually be in a few pictures lol!

Just a FYI for you - if yours doesn't arrive before your trip, you can still use it!

We are about 50/50 for ours arriving before we leave, even though ordered well outside the 14 day requirement.

If yours doesn't arrive, just head to the photo store at DL or CA and explain to a CM that you pre-ordered but that it didn't arrive in time. Show them a copy of your order confirmation email (last time I just showed it on my phone, didn't even print it out). They might need to get a supervisor, and it can take a little bit of time, but they are happy to help out. You will get the PP+ lanyard and be on your way.

When you get home your package should be waiting for you and you just use the code inside to order your CD. :)

Just a FYI for you - if yours doesn't arrive before your trip, you can still use it!

We are about 50/50 for ours arriving before we leave, even though ordered well outside the 14 day requirement.

If yours doesn't arrive, just head to the photo store at DL or CA and explain to a CM that you pre-ordered but that it didn't arrive in time. Show them a copy of your order confirmation email (last time I just showed it on my phone, didn't even print it out). They might need to get a supervisor, and it can take a little bit of time, but they are happy to help out. You will get the PP+ lanyard and be on your way.

When you get home your package should be waiting for you and you just use the code inside to order your CD. :)

Awesome! I will definitely do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter