How long before you are forced to get off the ship?

HBEIC5A

Earning My Ears
How long do we have on the last day of the cruise before we are asked to get off the ship? We are cruising out NYC so do not feel rushed since our car will be parked at the port.

29 days to go...the suspense is killing me!!!!:eek:

How long do we have on the last day of the cruise before we are asked to get off the ship? We are cruising out NYC so do not feel rushed since our car will be parked at the port.

29 days to go...the suspense is killing me!!!!:eek:

I believe 9 am but don't quote me on that! :goodvibes

They don't have a lot of time to prepare the ship for a new load of passengers, so 9:00 AM is when they will start "pushing" you towards the exit.

I understand where you are coming from but, honestly, I find the ships incredibly DEPRESSING once debarkation starts. From the moment you board there is excitement and one activity after another. Even at 2am I can search for a relatively dark spot on deck, point my binoculars at a deep sky object, and enjoy feeling the motion of the ship. Or I can look down at the water passing by.
But when people start getting off, everything has ended. The ship is quiet and the only things you see cast members doing are cleaning the ship or checking people out as they go ashore. After a week of stimulus overload the deadness of the ship that morning gets me down.

I am cruising to Alaska this summer and I live between Seattle and Vancouver, BC. I will enjoy being home before most of the other passengers even get to board their first flight out of Seattle. I will wait until the line to get off dissipates, but not much longer.

Everyone is asked to be off the ship by 9:00. About 9:15 they start "encouraging" any remaining guests toward the door. This assumes a normal Customs clearance.

Last year, we were the last ones off from what I could tell. We were trying to resolve some problem via telephone. We felt if we left the ship, we'd have no recourse. Took until about 11AM before we left the Dream at Port Canaveral. By that time, all the line ropes were removed, the terminal staff thought we were early for the next sailing and all our luggage was pulled away into the unclaimed luggage pile. However, we didn't feel "pushed" off the ship. All the CM's were busy doing their thing to set up for the next sailing. It wasn't a good feeling being that late off the ship. I'd much rather be part of the crowd like our Fantasy sailing last week. That way, we can wait in the rental car lines like everyone else ;)

We did a back to back and told our stateroom host we were just going to Cabana's for breakfast. Left our stateroom about 810am, they quit serving food at 830 but you can sit up there until 915am... then we went downstairs and it was probably 940 before we were officially off.

We did a back to back and told our stateroom host we were just going to Cabana's for breakfast. Left our stateroom about 810am, they quit serving food at 830 but you can sit up there until 915am... then we went downstairs and it was probably 940 before we were officially off.

Doing a back to back is different than just disembarking for the final time. We were encouraged to disembark after 9:30 as we would need to wait in the terminal to board our second leg.

It really is most respectful to the crew to get off the ship ASAP. They work so hard to make everyone's cruise magical and they have to turn the ship over in just a few short hours for the next group boarding that day.

I agree with the PP about it being depressing on disembarkation day. It really is. You would think that you would want to stay as long as possible to take it all in, but that feeling kind of goes away. Obviously, nothing is open (other than the restaurants for breakfast) and most sections are blocked off for cleaning. It should go without saying, but you can't go swimming, can't shop for souvenirs, can't play in the arcade, etc. There really isn't much to do and you really are ready to get off. So enjoy it all you can the last night!!!

Doing a back to back is different than just disembarking for the final time. We were encouraged to disembark after 9:30 as we would need to wait in the terminal to board our second leg.

It really is most respectful to the crew to get off the ship ASAP. They work so hard to make everyone's cruise magical and they have to turn the ship over in just a few short hours for the next group boarding that day.

We actually did this for the final one too as we had a 4pm flight and I didn't want to rent a car. We just hung out in the sun off cabana's... the staff did their thing, we were not in anyones way and they really weren't pushing people off. There was a huge line downstairs to get off anyhow, it just took a long time for everyone to disembark.

I agree with the PP about it being depressing on disembarkation day. It really is. You would think that you would want to stay as long as possible to take it all in, but that feeling kind of goes away. Obviously, nothing is open (other than the restaurants for breakfast) and most sections are blocked off for cleaning. It should go without saying, but you can't go swimming, can't shop for souvenirs, can't play in the arcade, etc. There really isn't much to do and you really are ready to get off. So enjoy it all you can the last night!!!

Aw. I'm glad we're planning a few days in the parks afterwards - that way it won't be so depressing. We'll be rushing to get somewhere else!

We actually did this for the final one too as we had a 4pm flight and I didn't want to rent a car. We just hung out in the sun off cabana's... the staff did their thing, we were not in anyones way and they really weren't pushing people off. There was a huge line downstairs to get off anyhow, it just took a long time for everyone to disembark.

Above

Does everyone know for sure that it's 9am? Is it the same time for all ports and all ships? Has there been a cruise out of NYC yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter