How long at Animal Kingdom

married2mm said:
animal kingdom is my dh's favourite park. :)
tough to be a bug is one of my favourite attractions.
kali river rapids is a family fave-always get very wet! :rotfl:

our kids prefer magic kingdon,epcot and hollywood studios-but we still visit at least 3 half days.(they're not overly bothered by the animals either-but enjoy the safari)
we generally go at rd,have lunch and leave.restaurantosaurus is a popular choice-veggie sub-yummy! :cool1:

Its my favorite park too :)

At restatsuntosaurus try the new grilled chicken with tomato bruschetta sandwich. Its good

I also love Tamu Tamu for a bite to eat

:hug: I love it when people agree with me - then AK is a 2 day park for my family (then going to another park for a night time show)
way too much to see to run thru it - It is all in the Details at Disney:goodvibes

Agree with this. AK is underrated, and it takes time. It has the best parade on property, and 3 great shows (Flights of Wonder, Nemo, Lion King) - this can account for 3 hours alone easily. The two walking trails are also worthwhile, and I like to ride the Safari at least twice per day because no two rides are the same.

Everest is the best ride on property IMO, and Dinosaur is great because it's unique.

The Tusker House breakfast is one of my favorite meals on property and we re-book it every year (2 hours for that). Yak and Yetti is a great TS and Flame Tree is one of the best CS on property.

Everything I mentioned above are just my favorite parts of AK, but there are plenty of other things that I haven't mentioned that I also enjoy.

For me, in a 7 day trip, AK gets at least a day and a half if not 2 full days - consider that a full day at AK is short because the park closes earlier than the others.

AK & MK are our favorite parks. You need to be willing to slow down at AK in order to really enjoy it. We don't have any problem spending a full day there then hopping over to EP or MK for the night.

t&c luvs disney said:
AK & MK are our favorite parks. You need to be willing to slow down at AK in order to really enjoy it. We don't have any problem spending a full day there then hopping over to EP or MK for the night.

We at www.jamboeveryone.com couldn't agree more ;)

I recommend the Dawa bar for slowing down

AK & MK are our favorite parks. You need to be willing to slow down at AK in order to really enjoy it.

i would imagine after a 20 hour+ flight op and family will not be rushing anywhere!
we're bad enough after 9.5 hours :rotfl2:

regarding pool time and the weather-we have visited in february previously-and it was c o l d and we're from the north of england!!!

it was bright and fresh though,not like our bleak winters-but was definitely not a water park,pool or wet ride holiday.:goodvibes

It is not a half-day park, it deserves detailed exploration and lots of time to see the animals. AK is not about being a zoo or about the rides, it's about the experience.

Totally agree with you! With that being said, I understand that people who are going to Disney World and don't have a lot of time might want to skip a lot and make it a half-day park...

Agree with this. AK is underrated, and it takes time. It has the best parade on property, and 3 great shows (Flights of Wonder, Nemo, Lion King) - this can account for 3 hours alone easily. The two walking trails are also worthwhile, and I like to ride the Safari at least twice per day because no two rides are the same.

Everest is the best ride on property IMO, and Dinosaur is great because it's unique.

The Tusker House breakfast is one of my favorite meals on property and we re-book it every year (2 hours for that). Yak and Yetti is a great TS and Flame Tree is one of the best CS on property.

Everything I mentioned above are just my favorite parts of AK, but there are plenty of other things that I haven't mentioned that I also enjoy.

For me, in a 7 day trip, AK gets at least a day and a half if not 2 full days - consider that a full day at AK is short because the park closes earlier than the others.
This!! :lovestruc

I wish people would give AK the attention and respect it deserves. It is not a half-day park, it deserves detailed exploration and lots of time to see the animals. AK is not about being a zoo or about the rides, it's about the experience.

*gets off of the soapbox*

It's a 2 day park for our family as well. If you see both Finding Nemo and the Festival of the Lion King that will take up a huge chunk of your day.

:hug: I love it when people agree with me - then AK is a 2 day park for my family (then going to another park for a night time show) way too much to see to run thru it - It is all in the Details at Disney:goodvibes
~Thanks Reddy!:hug: I'll have to make it a point to agree with you more, lol! :rotfl: You couldn't be more on point about the details, there is nothing else like it. :goodvibes

I wish people would give AK the attention and respect it deserves. It is not a half-day park, it deserves detailed exploration and lots of time to see the animals. AK is not about being a zoo or about the rides, it's about the experience.

*gets off of the soapbox*

Agree. I'm in the process of reading the replies but this one resonates with my thoughts on the park. We never tire of this park. We go almost every day even if it's for just a couple of hours and it's never a "we're here agaaaaaaain" attitude it' a "let's see what we missed" adventure, because even if you think you've seen it all, you really haven't. The proof is in the details! Enjoy!!!

Agree. I'm in the process of reading the replies but this one resonates with my thoughts on the park. We never tire of this park. We go almost every day even if it's for just a couple of hours and it's never a "we're here agaaaaaaain" attitude it' a "let's see what we missed" adventure, because even if you think you've seen it all, you really haven't. The proof is in the details! Enjoy!!!

we are trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter