How long are PASSPORTS taking these days?

PoohJen

<font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b
Hi All,
Alas, I let my passport expire. I see on the government website to allow 10 to 12 weeks to process new applications.

Just wondering what people's current experiences are - is it still taking this long? I know expedited services are available for a hefty fee, I'm just wondering about us run-of-the-mill applications.

Thanks!:wave: :disrocks:

Hello-

We applied for my kids passport May 8, 2007, it is now July 30th and still no sign of them. That would be 12 weeks.:scared:

I applied March 17, 17 weeks prior to my trip (July 17). After 13 weeks, I still didn't have them. I called the number to the state department and couldn't get through. I finally decided to call my senators office and they were able to get my childrens passports in 1 week and mine a week later. I got them in 15 weeks with the help of my senators office. Without them, I still don't think I would have them.

My Brother-In-Law just got his passport after paying to expedite it. It took 4 weeks expedited.

Mine and my families are currently at 17 weeks. I called my congressman's office today to see if that will help at all. Hopefully it will be soon, but to be quite honest I am not holding my breath.

We applied in mid-March. Our three passports arrived 16 weeks later.

DH & I applied for our passports right after Christmas 06 for our Sept. 07 cruise. It took 8 weeks, I believe if I remember correctly. Boy, am I glad we jumped on in on that one!

My daughter and family are still waiting at 17 weeks, also. She called today to the passport office and they said it was being processed. They said that last week, too. Hope it comes soon. The trip is getting closer. :tinker:

Well I called the passport office. So if anyone has their passports in NH, the NH office is an overflow office for the other agencies. Basically I was told that the NH office was essentially shut down for 2 months and they are just getting to their stack of apps.

We applied 4/3. The NH office received them 4/27, they are on step 3 of 8 for all our applications. So they still have 5 steps to go and it's been 17 weeks.

Received ours today - 13 weeks! Only our passports arrived. I got very upset when the birth certificates did not arrive together. After reading the literature, I found out that they will arrive separately via first class mail.

In Texas, we got DS6's passport and birth certificate back together, 12.5 weeks. Ordered it early May, received it by Priority mail Thursday, July 26. We did not pay to expedite it.

mk

Wow! I thought after the summer crunch they'd start to catch up! Yikes!

Good luck to all of you who are waiting!!! :tinker::hourglass pixiedust:

We applied for our passports in mid March and received them excatly 12 weeks later. We received all 4 with the birth certificates.

I'm going on the Wonder with my DH, parents, DB and SIL.
I just got off the phone with my SIL and she insists that she needs to pay for the expedited shipping for their passports. We are not leaving until January 20Th! That is more than 25 weeks away. Please tell me I don't need to pay the extra $60 in shipping!! :confused:

My dh just received his passport in the mail today, no BC though. He applied the beginning of May, so it took about 12 1/2 weeks. DD and I applied two days after he did, so I'm anxious to see how much longer it takes to get ours.

It took exactly 12 weeks for my renewal passport to arrive....way too long if you ask me but it's OK we're not sailing until May 2008.....

My husband, daughter, and I applied for our Passports on April 22 and have yet to see them. Allegedly, you can track the process online, but ever since our checks were cashed three days after we applied, the status has been "processing." :P

We're cruising in January, so are in no hurry... but do not assume the 10-12 week thing is accurate. Have you read the news lately? Good grief. If I were traveling any time between now and the end of November, I'd pay to expedite. Thing is, you don't NEED the passport yet so long as nothing goes wrong and you sail in and out of the US. Never know, though, and getting sick "abroad" or needing to fly home for an emergency.

On the other hand, the sticker shock of over $300 for the three of us to apply was daunting enough; I might have cried had there been an extra $180 necessary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter