How long are movies in the Disney Vault?

I agree with the PP who wondered what happened to Aladdin. I had high hopes that with the 20th anniversary coming up they would put it out on Blu-ray but it's looking bleak.

If you have a Half Price Books by you, that's another place to check. I've gotten The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh, The Little Mermaid, and my long searched for copy of Peter Pan there in recent years. Still looking for Aladdin and Cinderella!

I agree with the PP who wondered what happened to Aladdin. I had high hopes that with the 20th anniversary coming up they would put it out on Blu-ray but it's looking bleak.

If you have a Half Price Books by you, that's another place to check. I've gotten The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh, The Little Mermaid, and my long searched for copy of Peter Pan there in recent years. Still looking for Aladdin and Cinderella!

Cinderella should be out in the holiday season of 2012. Think this time next year. ::yes::

As for Aladdin... I have no idea! I don't even think Aladdin is in the vault system.

I checked Wikipedia (I know it's not the most accurate source but w/e) and it says...

In the US, Aladdin was originally included, but this has now been replaced by Fantasia.

So does that mean it'll never have a big re-release like the others?! :scared1:

Cinderella came out on DVD in 2005. And when Disney says they put the movies back in the vault, they just mean that they won't send any more copies out to stores, but the stores are allowed to keep the copies they have on the sales floor until they sell out. However, it did seem to me that a Target I go to had Fantasia just a few days before it was going back into the vault, but then a few days after it was gone, but it's certainly possible that they just happened to sell their last copies during that time.

we bought it from the disney movie club, even more recently than that, my daughter is 5 and we got our first shipment from dmc when she was about 2

From my limited "investigation" it seems like they release the movies every 7 years. Each time they complete a cycle they start over with a new edition (Gold, Platinum, Diamond, etc). In addition to this, they do milestone anniversary editions (25th anniversary, 50th anniversary, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter