How long are fast passes good for?

lpoeppelman

DIS Veteran
Say we got a fast pass for 1:30, but we got seated late for our lunch reservation and didn't get done until 1:40, would we still be able to use our fast pass?

Does anyone know if there's an expiration on them and if so, what the time limit is? :confused3

Thanks!

The window on a FP is an hour. However, for the most part, you can use a FP anytime that day after the FP opening time. So if your FP is good from 12:30 to 1:30, and you show up at 1:40, you should still be able to use it. It's up the CM at the FP line if they will admit "expired" FPs. But I've never been turned down at entry, though, and I've been really really late before (like hours and hours late).

A fastpass return window is one hour. So if you get a Fastpass it will say return anytime between 1:30 and 2:30. Most castmembers will let you use a late Fastpass, like if you returned to ride at 3:00, but will almost never let you use one early, not even a minuite early.

As long as I've been riding EE the CM's have yet to turn away a FP from 9:30 AM at park closing. ºOº

According to the Unofficial Guide, fast passes never expire.

They've used one that was 2 years old, and while they got 'strange looks' from the CM, they were allowed into the fast pass line.

While it's not advertised, I understand the policy to be that they never expire.

We just got back this past Wednesday and more than one CM told me my FPs were good from the start time until park closing THAT day. I think they may not accept days or years old ones anymore due to the hawking on E-Bay that's been going on but same day is fine :goodvibes

last spring, my DA, who lives just miles from the World, told us we could use them all day and sure enough we did it at every park. in fact, we found expedition everest FPs for like 10 am at 3 pm and went straight there and got in fine. ive never been turned away.

I dont know about 2 Years :lmao: but you Can use them Any time that Day , althugh thats not ALWAYS the case .
it depends how busy te FP lane is .if its over a certain time they do deny late FPs . they dont want to make that line any longer than it already is , kinda defeats the purpose of FP ... although, ive Only seen this happen On 1 or 2 attrractions , one was Soarin' wich is understandable .. but it does happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter