How long a trip is too long?

We have never gone for less that 10 days. This year is 12 days and 11 nights. Longest was 14 days. DH and I like to stay at POP. We are in the parks for open to close. We go during free dining and upgrade to deluxe yum. We don't feel rushed and we can go to the hotel if we want. We have seen everything that we want to see and we enjoy most of the rides. We will be moving down there sometime in the next few years so that will be fun too.

Sylvia in MN

There's an idea I hadn't considered! I think I have to put that on my Plan B list. Out of curiosity, what did it cost to upgrade from the free plan to Deluxe?

We have always stayed 6 nights, 5 days but we have always had a 2 year old or younger when we have gone to Disney. That seems to be a good number of days for now. When the kids get a little older I would love to stay longer.

We did 9 nights (8 park days, 1 day at KSC) on this last trip and it was a little too long for us. But we also drove so we had 2 nights going there (we made a stop on the way) and 1 night coming home. I think our next trip will probably be 7 nights. That's about when we were ready to come home this time.

But everyone is different.

I've never been for more than 5 nights. I prefer to go more often (3-4 times a year) for like 3-5 night trips opposed to 1-2 long trips. I'm only a 2 hour flight away, go solo, and flights are pretty cheap. Add in a PAP and TiW and I am good to go!

Of course, I would live there if I could. Not in Celebration, mind you, but I mean like in Spaceship Earth or ToT.

I'd go for as long as you are able to with work/school schedules... the longer you are there, the more you'll get to explore. :cool1:

First of all, the theme parks have so much more to explore than just the numbered items on the map. Stop to interact with characters, search for DeVine in AK, sit back and enjoy Off Kilter in Epcot's Canada Pavillion, grab a funnel cake to share with the family while you watch people or other things going on around you. There are so many performers that just pop up while you're just walking from point A to point B. Take some time to talk to the CMs. Chat with other families visiting the parks. Take in your surroundings... look for those little extras in the decor... search for hidden Mickeys... etc...

Also think of WDW as more than just the four major theme parks... there's water parks, DisneyQuest, the Boardwalk (fun at night), mini golf courses, boating excursions, golf, even simply browsing the resorts. Theming is simply incredible everywhere you go! Take time and enjoy it all! Book some dining reservations at different resorts and take some time to explore the resorts while you're there. Dining in itself can be an experience - that's why I try to experience new restaurants every time we go back. And by visiting different resorts, you can feel more a part of these resorts, even if you're not paying to stay there.

There is simply SO much to do in WDW, and not all of it has to be done in a commando fashion... don't try to cram all of one park into one day. You'll even find that if you do certain things a few times, you might enjoy them more at different times of the day.

Pace yourself and enjoy your vacation... if you're too rushed, you will likely return home thinking "I need a vacation from my vacation!" I've been there, done that... I'm a strong proponent of staying longer... especially if you can only visit once each year or less often.

I think that a week to 10 days is good but we do other things besides go to the Disney parks. We like about 5 days in Disney parks but that is complete time. In other words if you go for only half days, you'd go for a total of 10 days to reach that 5 day total.

We did 2 wks earlier this month, and it was awesome! We drove all day on Thu, did Kennedy and saw the last space shuttle launch on Friday, did Universal on Sat and Sun, then drove over to a townhouse in Windsor Hills Sun night. We had 3 bedrooms, 3 baths (one more than at home) and a pool. We did 6 park days (2 days MK, 1 day AK, 1 1/2 days Epcot and HS), 2 water park days (tried them both), and a day in DTD doing Disneyquest and LaNouba.

I don't know if we would have made it in one hotel room, but having the townhouse was amazing. 10 nights there only cost me $1000.:woohoo:

I go for 14 nights.

I take one of my niece's each time. They have been 4-6 yrs when they go. I find it works best for us to do about 3-4 days of parks and then take a day off and hang out at the resort or go to DTD. Then we hit the parks for a few more days. I also add in a MNSSHP so it's more like 11 park days.

I stay at value resorts. I don't spend a lot of time there.

We stay between 12 and 14 days and it's not enough time and just enough time. We can take out time and enjoy everthing at least once.
:dance3:

Our First Trip to WDW will be for 21 days. Since we live in the far corner of the country 8 hour on a plane is not something my kids want to do often pirate:

Our longest trip was 7 nights and I was glad we went that long because I got a stomach bug midway through the trip--so even though I spent most of our early-morning touring day at HS in the first aid building, I didn't miss ToT or RnRC because we had already done EMH the night before and because there was an extra morning later to go to HS.

That said, we're going for 5 nights this time (all the time we could all get off) and I'm sure we'll have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter