How long a drive from WL to the Orlando airport?

cstrong

Earning My Ears
I am trying to get my plane reservations today but need to know the amount of time to allot for the drive from WL to the airport on a Saturday afternoon. Any advice?

I appreciate any responses!

cstrong

It depends what route you take. We take 417 the Greenway and are at the airport in less than 1/2 hr.

I agree you can (probably) make it in 30 minutes BUT that doesn't give you enough time to drop off a rental car or even park. Any limo company is going to ask your flight time and probably won't cut it that close.

You are correct about the time needed at the airport. That is not what the OP asked about though. We allowed 2 hours once we got on airport property Saturday. We did curb side check in, returned the car to Hertz, rode the shuttle back to the airport. Then through security, and we still had an hour and a half before flight departure.

I am glad that I allowed extra time just so we wouldn't feel rushed. Daughter had a box with lots of Disney pins for carry on and we were afraid we would be slowed down by TSA screening. They just looked in the box and we were on our way in a matter of minutes.

I know you answered the question asked but OP has a low post count and from the question I was concerned it was the first trip to Disney. I pictured someone taking your (accurate) 30 minute answer, doubling it to be safe, and only allowing an hour from the hotel to the airport.

SW is telling people to allow 2 hours in Orlando (1 hour in most other cities).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter