• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How late can you pick up wristbands for evening EMH?

Nanabug02

DIS Veteran
Can someone help me out with a question? For our trip in July, we have an ADR for dinner at Ohana at 7:50, so we probably won't be done with dinner until 9:00. We want to do evening EMH at MK after dinner. MK officially closes that night at 11:00.

Will we still be able to pick up the EMH wristbands if we don't get into the park until about 9:30? Are you allowed to pick them up until park closing, or is there a specific time you have to get them by?

Please help! I'm worried about our late ADR time....I don't want to not be able to do EMH that night.

No worries they issue them throughout the EMH for the late arrivals. The wrist band locations throughout the park (and the turnstiles as you arrive) will have them avaliable well into the offical EMH start time. So when you are done with Dinner just head on over and they will issue you to them when you arrive :-)

Yes you will still be able to get writst bands. They will start distributing them 2 hours before official park closing and throughtout the EMH. I don't know if they pass them out through the entire thing but we got ours about an hour after park closing at MK last Friday.

Great! Thanks for the replies! Makes me feel a lot better and I won't have to rush through dinner worrying about getting over there in time. :goodvibes

Can you get the wristbands at the resort instead of the parks? My biggest fear is forgetting the kids resort cards when we go to the park.

Where do you get the wrist bands from in the parks? Also for extra morning hour, how does that work?

If you are at a park other than the one with the evening EMH, can you still come over to that park and participate in the EMH after closing (assuming you have a hopper or AP)?

Here's how EMH works for all parks.

Look up the POSTED open and close times for any day, any park.
Only WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed EHM privileges and it COSTS NOTHING EXTRA to attend the EMHs.
There are slightly different situations for MORNING and EVENING EMH's.

-------MORNING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------
If it is a MORNING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed entry to THAT park on THAT day starting ONE HOUR before the posted opening time.
At least ONE person in your party should have a room key-card with them (sometimes EACH person needs to show one) to verify your current hotel status and gain entry.
So, only WDW resort guests will be ALLOWED INTO the park.
Once inside, only selected attractions will be open.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage

-------EVENING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------
If it is a EVENING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed to stay and ride attractions at THAT park on THAT day for THREE HOURS after the posted closing time.
You do NOT have to be in the park BEFORE scheduled closing time.
You CAN enter the park at any time during EMH and still get a wrist-band.
You can leave and re-enter the park at will (just like any normal time).

(So, YES, if MK is sched. to close at midnight, the EMH will run til 3AM! Yep, that's 3 in the morning. No, its not a mistake, that would be 3 full hours after the posted time. 3AM for a posted 12mid close-time. 3AM, yes sir!)

EACH guest (except for very small children) will need to show a room key-card to a CM at special "EMH kiosks" set up in various locations throughout the park, and a wristband will be snapped on by the CM to each adult and child. Children older the 3 will be issued a room key when you check in if they are listed on your ressie. If they are not listed you will have problems if they don't get issued a room key.Children older than 3 years will be issued a room key when you check in. Make SURE the check-in desk issues each one a room-card.
The ride CMs will check these at each attraction before allowing guests to enter the queue.
So, even though non-resort guests may still be INSIDE the park, only those with wrist-bands will be allowed to ride any open EMH attractions.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You can enter the parks for EMH EVENINGS anytime... during "regular" hours, or even during the actual extended EMH hours.
This 1-hour morning EMH and 3-hour evening EMH rule applies at all 4 parks. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter