How late are ticket windows open?

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
We already received our vouchers, but aren't traveling until Dec 15th. Yes, I'm waiting until the LAST possible minute!!! UGH!

We were originally going to head down on the 16th, but changed plans with this promo. I'm trying to minimize the number of days our kids will miss school, so hoping to take a later flight on the 15th. We're staying at BLT and was hoping to run over to either MK or EP or whatever park might be having EMH. Then I wondered...are the windows operating during EMH so I can redeem the vouchers or are we going to have to make it there during regular park hours????

Thanks for your help!!!

The ticket has to be used on the same day you turn the voucher in, so picking it up on the 15th isn't going to do you any good.

Sorry,
Dawn

Sorry I don't know how late the windows are open, but you'd have to use the one day entry or Fastpass option on the day it is redeemed. You could use the ticket and then upgrade it to more days, but depending on the time you arrive, you might not get much use out of the one day entry....

From the GADGAD website--Program Terms & Conditions and FAQs:

What do I need to bring to the theme park to redeem my voucher?

To redeem your ticket at a Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® theme park, you must bring a valid photo ID along with your voucher. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver's License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed Government Issued Photo IDs and will not be accepted. Please note: the Guest whose name is on the voucher must be present at the time of ticket redemption (for example, parents cannot redeem tickets for their children in their absence.)

Is there an expiration date for my free theme park ticket?

Yes. December 15, 2010 is the last day that you may redeem your voucher for your free ticket. Once your voucher is redeemed for for the 1-day, 1- theme park ticket , your ticket will be valid for use only on that day of redemption.

Once I redeem my voucher for a theme park ticket, do I have to use the ticket that same day?
You can print your voucher ahead of time, but, yes, once you redeem your voucher for a 1-day, 1-theme park ticket, the ticket must be used by you that same day.

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?
Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

May I use the value of the free one-day ticket toward the renewal of my Annual Pass or Passport?
Yes, the value of the free ticket may be used to renew your Annual Pass or Passport within the applicable renewal window. You are responsible for any additional costs owed and no change or refunds will be given.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I should have mentioned I was planning on upgrading this ticket. I realize it has to be redeemed and used on the same day, which is why I was curious about the ticket window hours. I planned on redeeming the voucher at the window, entering the park and then immediately going to Guest Services to upgrade to an annual pass.

Why are you saying it won't work? What am I missing?

TIA

It will work since you're planning to upgrade. I didn't have that info when I initially answered your question.

Traditionally, MK & EP don't have EMH on Wednesday nights in December. Also, MVMCP usually aren't on Wednesday nights, so MK should have regular hours--whatever those may be. On Wednesday, December 16th 2009, MK was open until 8pm--just to give you an idea.

Sorry, I don't know the hours for the ticket booths or Guest Relations--I will investigate!

Hope this has helped and you'll be able to use your vouchers.

I just posted the question on another board--I'll let you know what I find out. Seems like Disney doesn't need to make such an easy question so darn hard to answer--ha!

I only received 1 reply. The person said Guest Relations outside the park closes soon after the park does and said the GR at DTD is open til 11 or 11:30pm. I'll keep checking the thread.

BTW--we volunteered at the Northern Illinois Food Bank in St. Charles!

TTFN,
Dawn

The more I read about the GADGAD voucher, the more it looks like you have to use the one day ticket and then upgrade it the same day you use it. Is that your understanding, too? Going to GR at DTD won't work then--sorry. I hope your flight doesn't get in very late and you can get to an open park in time.

Correct - you cannot do anything with the GAD voucher at DTD. It MUST be dealt with at the parks or TTC, at the will-call window.

If the designated will-call window is closed, go to the Guest Relations window. That should be open up until park close.

Once you've gotten your ticket, you have 14 days to do the actual upgrade (including the day you got it, so 13 additional days).

Again, thank you, but as stated in the above posts my ONLY question was about the hours of the ticket windows and actually redeeming a GAD voucher for the 1 day ticket.

I only planned on going to GR to upgrade my USED GAD ticket to a DVC AP.

Correct - you cannot do anything with the GAD voucher at DTD. It MUST be dealt with at the parks or TTC, at the will-call window.

If the designated will-call window is closed, go to the Guest Relations window. That should be open up until park close.

Once you've gotten your ticket, you have 14 days to do the actual upgrade (including the day you got it, so 13 additional days).

Isn't the Guest Relations window inside the parks? Or is there another one at the TTC?

Thanks for your help!

Again, thank you, but as stated in the above posts my ONLY question was about the hours of the ticket windows and actually redeeming a GAD voucher for the 1 day ticket.

I only planned on going to GR to upgrade my USED GAD ticket to a DVC AP.

I believe I answered that question...the outside GR window should be open until park close (if an EMH night, it should remain open until EMH close). So, you go to the Will Call window (not just any ticket window), unless that is closed, then you go to the GR window instead.

Isn't the Guest Relations window inside the parks? Or is there another one at the TTC?

Thanks for your help!

Maybe our messages crossed...but there is a GR window outside each park. At MK and Epcot main, it is to the right of the turnstiles. At DHS and AK, it is to the left. At Epcot IG, it is one of the two booths (I forget which it is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter